Chapter 1.

"Wanna have lunch with me?" I asked picking up my bag, laptop and phone from my desk.

"Sure, as long as you pay." Nate replied straightening out the creases in his pants.

As usual!!

We've been studying for our final exams of the semester for the past four hours and now I felt like my head was about to explode.

"Spend your own money Nate" I told him as we left the school library.

"Babe, you know I'm saving up to take Clint on a trip to the Maldives for our anniversary." he said with a bright smile. I'm sure he was day dreaming about his boyfriend, Clint and Nate have been dating for two years now and their love story puts Romeo and Juliet's story to shame but that's a story for another day.

Nate and I came from the same town in Florida, we didn't attend the same highschool but lived in the same neighborhood so meeting him here at the fresher's orientation was kinda of a relief since I didn't know anyone here in Canada. We started to talk and now we're good friends, we go back home together during the holidays and our families are familiar with each other now.

"I don't wanna go back home without you." I whine as I remember I'd have to spend the holiday alone.

"Don't worry babe, I'll be back before Christmas, I'm sure Clint would also want to be with his family for Christmas, so after our visit he'll come back to Canada while I'll go to The US." he replied pulling me into a tight hug.

"But what would I do for a week without you?!" I asked as we got into the cafe closest to our school, it's where most students hang out due to its amazing coffee.

"I don't know........, What if you get a boyfriend??" I groaned in frustration at the mention of this topic.

"Get yourself a boyfriend Liza, forget about that jerk and move on with your life, it's been 2 years for Christ sake."

"I already forgot about him!!" I yelled as we got into a booth by the window.

"Calm down Tiger!" he chuckled "If the topic gets you this pissed then it still affects you."

"It's just that I feel really stupid about spending three years of my life with a guy that ended up cheating on me." with my supposed best friend; I wanted to add but I couldn't bare the truth.

"Hey there Pretty Girl, forget it!!, it's his loss not yours." Nate cupped my face in between his hands and I made a silly face at him causing us both to laugh.

After our meal, we left the café Nate stayed at an apartment with Clint Fifteen minutes away from school while I stayed in the school dorms. My parents would never allow me leave the school dorm till my third year which is next semester, I really can't wait to move into my own apartment it'd be heaven on earth.

I stood outside my room door praying to God that Roxanne wasn't in, I turned the door knob and it opened not my lucky day!!
I went in shocked at the silence, Roxy's never this quiet. She was seated on her bed, eyes glued to her phone as she texted whoever.

"Hey Liza, You would never believe what I heard today" this is why I never stayed in my room.

"What did you hear today Roxy, it most be very important if you're this quiet." She giggled and stood up to seat with me on my bed as I put my laptop and books away.

"Well, you know Shawn right??" I nodded in affirmation, of course everyone knows Shawn he's the rich kid who throws parties everyday, flirts with absolutely anything that wears a skirt, skips most of his classes and still passes all his courses. "well, he was seen sleeping with his best friend's mother and it was also found that this has been going on for years now." I was totally shocked  at this news, Most best friends have definitely proven to be traitors.