Chapter 4

"Mum, tomorrow we'll go to the spa, I already got an appointment with Lesley; the masseuse for 1:00pm."I said as I dried the last dish.

"OK, thanks honey." Mum replied, we just had our lunch and I was washing the dishes while mum was seating on a kitchen stool typing on her phone.

"Elisa, where Is your phone?" Mum asked putting hers down.

"Why?, do you need something?" I asked, She breathed in and shook her head.

"Honey, your dad wants to talk to you but you're not picking his calls." She said with a disappointed look, "I thought we talked about this, Ethan isn't talking to him as well I don't think it's fair to him that his kids are ignoring him."

I sighed and looked away, "Mum look at you, you're sad because you think we're being unfair to your Ex but you know what it's him who's being unfair to you but you know what you don't care, you know why; you still love him nevertheless."

My mom stiffened up at my words, I saw the moisture form in her eyes and I knew I had gone too far, I immediately went to hug her.

"Mum, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I know it's not easy to move on especially since you spent so long with him. I don't expect you to forget him easily because even though I don't like what he did I love my dad and I'm sure Ethan does too." I said,  mum smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Then promise me you'll talk to him, he really misses you." mum said, she brushed the hair away from my face with her hands.

"I will think about it." I replied, I guess I'd have to talk to him sooner or later, it's not like I can hide from him for the rest of my life.

"Thanks Elisa." Mom said with a huge smile. Oh mom,how I wish our hearts does what we actually want it to, maybe then moving on would be easy to do.

I sat down on the stool next to her and decided to change the subject with the questions that had been bothering me all day.

"Mum, do you know anything about Amelia?" I asked, she looked shock at my question, I'm sure she didn't expect that since we hadn't spoken about her for years.

"Uh....!,why do you ask?" she questioned.

"I saw her today at the grocery store and she's...........changed." I replied,

"That means she's out again." Mum said, I was confused at her statement, out of where?!

"What do you mean by that?, isn't she supposed to be married to Dylan." I asked.

Mum sighed softly, "That didn't happen Elisa, they never got married."

I gasped, What?!, they were about to get married when I left so what happened.

"Why?!, Dylan's parents were very serious about that marriage, so what changed?" I asked bewildered, I remember how serious Dylan's parents were about the wedding.

"Everything changed, especially Amelia." Mum replied "Amelia changed drastically, and it was definitely not the for the best. Amelia didn't want to go school anymore because she was afraid of being judged by her colleagues so she stayed back home when everyone went off to college."

"So what happened?, why didn't they get married?" I asked more curious than ever.

"During that time she spent at home, she made some new friends and that's where the trouble started. Those friends weren't just your normal everyday people, they were drug addicts and traffickers."

My jaw dropped, drugs?!, Amelia wouldn't, right......?!

Mom shook her head as if reading my mind "she did, she got involved and she became an addict as well."