Chapter 2.

As I stood at the airport, I realised I had no one to pick me. My parents would probably be too busy as usual and my brother's in England. I called for a taxi and in less than five minutes it was here. The drive home was really quiet how I wish Nate were here......I hope he enjoys his holiday although going to the Maldives during winter doesn't sound as appealing as summer.

I knew my parents wouldn't be home seeing it was a Tuesday afternoon so I wasn't surprised when the front door was locked, I had my own house key so I let myself in. The house still looked the same although it felt like a few things were missing but I guess mum just redecorated again. I dragged my luggage up the stairs to my room, it was just the way I left it although it had been cleaned up cause my room was a mess before I left. I put my bags away before plopping down on my purple queen size bed as the exhaustion washed over me and soon enough I fell asleep.

The sound of footsteps awoke me from my slumber, I turned towards the window and the moon was already out, Damn.........! I must have slept for hours. I got out of my room down the stairs and into the living room but I didn't see anyone so I went into the kitchen and there my mom was seated on the kitchen stool going through some papers.

"Mom!!" I hugged her from behind, I've really missed her a lot, she's my best buddy after Nate.

"Elisa.......,My darling." she turned around to give me a proper hug. "how was your flight baby?, I'm sorry I couldn't get you from the airport I was fully booked for the day."

"I still get a little sick during flights though but all is well that ends well and I took a cab home." I replied picking up the papers on the dinner table but before I could take a  look at them mom snatched them from with a worried expression as if she was scared of me seeing them.

"They're just very important work papers, you know I keep my blueprints away from your messy hands." she said laughing nervously as she went up the stairs to her room. She looked like she was hiding something but it might just be me over thinking things. Mom worked in a construction company as an Architect so I'm sure those papers were just for work purposes.

My stomach grumbled out loud damn!....I haven't eaten all day, I checked the fridge but it was.......... empty! except for a few bottled water and left over Mac and Cheese, that's.......weird Dad's beers aren't even in here, there's nothing in here to eat.

"Looking for something Elaine?" Mum questioned as she entered the kitchen.

"Yeah!!, am super hungry and there's nothing in here." I replied pointing to the fridge.

"Am so sorry about that, it's just that I've been so busy at work I totally forgot about restocking." I just shrugged before going up to my room to get my phone.

"Do you want me to order pizza or Chinese food?" I asked my mom as I settled beside her on the living room couch.

"Pizza's fine with me." mum replied as she turned on the TV.

I ordered pizza for the both of us, we watched Grey's anatomy for a while before the pizza was delivered. After we ate our dinner, we continued watching TV for awhile before I realized mom had dozed off. I wanted to wake her up but she was sleeping so soundly like she hadn't slept in days, I took a closer look at her and I was shocked; Mom looked like she'd lost weight, she had huge eye bags beneath her eyes and she looked very pale. What the hell is going on and where the hell is Dad?!. I haven't seen my dad since I got back and its almost midnight isn't he supposed to be back from work by now?. I took my phone and dialed his number but it kept going to voicemail so I decided to text him.

Me: hey dad, where are you?

I put my phone down on the couch and turned off the TV. I walked into the kitchen for a glass of water, after my drink I walked back into the living room to see mum already awake.

"You're still awake? " Mom asked.

"Yeah, I just went for a drink." As I walked over to her, I noticed something really strange, the shelf behind her was empty. "Mum, what happened to Dad's Collection?, the shelf is empty."

"Wha-what?!" She stuttered.

"Dad's Antique Souvenirs from his travels are gone, they're not on the shelf." I noticed mom was hesitant to answer me, her facial expression showed worry and fear. Something is definitely up and I'm gonna find out.

"Oh!, I'll tell you all about it tomorrow, you should go to bed it's late. Good night sweetie." She hurriedly made her way up the stairs after giving me a kiss.

I just nodded at her cause I was speechless, something happened and she's hiding it from me. I took my phone and went to my room after turning off the lights. I dialed Ethan's number, maybe he knew what was happening with our parents, his phone rang a couple of times but he didn't pick up either. I guess I'd have to wait till tomorrow morning to get mum to confess everything. I decided to take a shower before going to bed, after my shower I wore my pink shorts and one of my brother's plain shirts. I got into bed but wasn't feeling sleepy since I slept earlier so I decided to through my social media but I realised my dad had texted back but his reply got me all the more worried.

Dad💜: I'll always love you princess no matter what happens in our lives.

What did he mean by that?!, I tried calling him again but his phone was switched off. I was almost tempted to barge into mom's room for an explanation but she looked really tired earlier it wouldn't be fair to wake her.
I had no one to talk to about all this so I texted Nate and like the amazing friend he is, he replied back immediately.

Elaine : hey, enjoying your trip?!

Nate 💟: yep, it's amazing here and our hotel is top notch babe! 😁😁.

Elaine : good for you, at least one of us is having fun. I came back home today and everything feels weird.

Nate 💟: tell me all.........about it babe!

Elaine : my mum's been acting strange, my dad isn't home and a few of his stuff are missing also my brother isn't picking up his calls.

Nate 💟: you're definitely over thinking things dear, you know how busy your dad is so maybe he's on a business trip, your mom's probably tired or stressed from work and just needs rest maybe you both could go to the spa for a massage or to the movies for relaxation sake and for your brother he may just be asleep or busy with one thing or the other, so don't stress your little head too much or it could explode😅😅.

Elaine : you're right😊😊 and the spa sounds like an amazing idea,  thanks a lot for everything, I miss you both already. My regards to Clint, good night 😘😘 and no funny business between you two!!

Nate 💟: yes ma'am!!😁
I'll be back before you know it,  hang in there till am back or maybe you could get a boyfriend before I'm back😉😉
Night love 😝😝

Elaine : whatever you say boss!

Nate 💟: 😪😪😪

Nate always had a way if making me feel better, I put my phone on the night stand and snuggled into my comforter and not long after I fell asleep.

_______________________________
......................................................

Stay safe
Stay positive
Stay strong
Y💜O💜T💜T💜Y

COMMENT👇👇
LIKE💜💜
VOTE👍👍