chapter two

Monday marked two weeks until Eliza would be going back home to Holmes Chapel. She missed her family a lot but could not bare the thought of leaving her best friend again till her college graduation. And at that, she would only see Harry for a few weeks until he goes off on his first solo tour, and will not see him then for almost a whole year. This is why they both agreed to make the most of the time they had left together.

'My dear Eliza! Today we shall be going to roam the streets of New York to buy you a lovely dress and then go for dinner before we head to that ballet you constantly talked about seeing,' Harry announces walking into Eliza's bedroom and addressing her in a very posh manner that they always talk to each other in since being kids, as they think it's funny.

Eliza's face lit up like a candle. 'Oh no you didn't Harold,' she mocks as she rises from her bed.

Eliza had talked non-stop about the sold out ballet show she wanted to see. She had always wanted to see the Royal Ballet company perform since she was little and it was her dream to dance with them. Now she would finally be able to see them perform the show 'Giselle' in real life. She could hardly believe it.

'Oh but I did Miss Eliza.' He adds, 'the dress code is strictly black and white, therefore we must go to the grand city of New York to buy you a most beautiful dress, on me.'

Eliza chuckles at this and as she stands up, she embraces Harry in a hug. The height difference was always funny to Harry, as she only reached his shoulder but she gave great hugs for a small person. He showed a toothy smile and rested his head on her top of her head.

'Dearest Harold, one does not deserve a person like you. I do entirely love you,' Eliza says softly into his chest.

Harry mentally sighed, 'If she had only meant it.' He squeezed her tightly before letting go of her. 'Okay get ready and I will see you downstairs in an hour,' he said before walking out of the room.

Eliza got to it right away. It was rare her and Harry went into the city for anything since they were both well known in the media, so today she dressed to impress. She wore her favourite green dress; milkmaid style with a white floral print, her cropped denim jacket and a green pair of vans; the same colour as her dress. She let her browny-blonde hair down in its natural straightness and began to apply the minimal everyday makeup she applies - a few dots of concealer, mascara on her naturally long lashes, a bit of bronzer and highlighter and her favourite strawberry scented lipgloss. She sprayed herself in her favourite perfume - 'Daisy' by Marc Jacob and placed a pair of cat eye vintage sunglasses on top of her head.

Eliza was ready first, which was rare since she's normally the one who takes the longest to get ready. Sick of waiting on Harry downstairs, she wanders to the front garden, taking in the beautiful scenery. She never wanted to forget a single detail about this place. On thinking so, she took out her phone and began snapping photos of every inch of the house, the sky, the garden, the flowers, the garage with some of Harry's cars - you name it. She was afraid of not remembering. A lot of people claimed her to be sentimental or extremely appreciative of everything. And she really was in a lot of cases.

Meanwhile, Harry was still inside picking between a few different shirts to wear. He wanted to look good going out with Eliza. Even if they weren't together, he wanted people to at least think they would look good together. He thought might even give Eliza the idea of it.

He looks out into the front garden from his bedroom window to see what she would be wearing, so he could base his outfit off hers. He totally lost concept of time as he watched her casually prance around the front garden, looking naturally beautiful, and snapping photos.

She looked up at his window and upon seeing him look out at her, she snaps a quick photo and she shouts, 'Come on darling! Or are you waiting on your personal stylist? Surely you can dress yourself.' Harry waves her off and laughs at her wittiness and sarcasm.