25.

It was close to 1am and Callie couldn't sleep. She didn't know whether it was excitement for tomorrow or he fact she had coffee before bed. She got up quietly, leaving her room. As she'd gotten to the kitchen, she saw a figure sitting at the island. Only to realise it was Ethan.

"Why are you sitting in the dark? You scared me half to death!" She shrieked, holding her hand over her chest. He chuckled, finishing the last bite of her sandwich. She grabbed a small bottle of orange juice from the fridge, sitting beside him. "Why are you awake, anyway?"

"I was going to have this conversation with Gray, but he said it would be better if I spoke with you about it." He started. "And I couldn't sleep on it."

"Talk to me."

"Should I feel bad about not feeling bad?"

"What?" She questioned, confused as to whether she was delirious or stupid for not understanding his question.

"I thought that breakups would hurt for weeks and then you slowly get better, but it's taken me less than a day." He explained. "Shouldn't I be hurting?"

"Some people deal with breakups differently. You just happen to deal with it very well. It doesn't mean your feelings weren't real. Maybe you were expecting it?" She suggested.

"We have been fighting a lot. We broke up because we were barely spending time together, she was always working and I was always editing. I don't think it was a matter of being busy, I think it was avoidance. It just hurt me so bad because I knew what was happening but it wasn't working. I loved her but it wasn't working. I knew something was wrong because whatever we were going through was different to you and Gray. We had the exact same situation, but you guys worked out."

"And that's okay. If you grew apart, that happens and nobody is to blame." Callie spoke, placing a hand on his back. "I love you both more than I can ever express and I won't let either of you feel at fault. Grayson and I always have time for each other, and we make time for each other. But you can't blame yourself for your relationship not working."

"You're such a good friend, Cal." Ethan whispered. "Anyway, why are you awake?"

"I'm too excited to sleep."

"Excited for what?"

"For tomorrow."

"What's happening tomorrow?

"I'm getting Grayson a car."