1.) Ending the Feud

Hi guys!! Quick little note - this is the first story I've started to write!! I am not very good at writing so this is going to be a long process of improvement, but I hope you guys enjoy!! Leave me comments about how to improve and where you want the story to go from here (I promise it will get better!)

- P
————————————————————————
TW: swearing
Italics in quotations are thoughts!!
——————————————————————————

Harry was just beginning his 6th year at Hogwarts. The raven haired boy and his friends, Hermione and Ron, all wanted to simply enjoy this year. But there was one thing holding Harry back from doing that - Malfoy.

Malfoy has been his enemy for years - since the start of their first year. His toxic behaviors had only increased since then. Harry was determined to make things right between them. Something pulled him to do it - he just didn't know what.

"Ron, I think I'm going to try and fix things with Malfoy this year." Harry said in their common room. Just that simple sentence was enough to make the ginger look up from his Potions book and laugh.

"Why on earth would you do that?" Ron asked, barely able to contain himself.

"Well shit Ron if I knew why I was doing this it'd make things a hell of a lot easier." Harry told himself, but all he managed to say to Ron was, "Because it's the right thing to do."

Hermione looked up from her book finally. She had been so wrapped up in studying, she barely heard a word, but formulated an opinion anyway. "I agree with Harry" she said, though not fully aware of what she agreed with. It was settled, tomorrow Harry would try to make amends.

- THE NEXT DAY -

Harry caught Draco as he left the Slytherin common room, heading for class. "Malfoy!" Harry called. The blonde boy turned around, a look of annoyance on his face.

"What the hell do you want?" Malfoy snarled.

"I want to change things between us," Harry admitted, "we have been nothing but wretched to each other since our first year and I hate it. Can we just put the petty behavior behind us? Please? Or at least be civilized?" Harry's heart was now pounding. He started to sweat and get anxious. "What the actual fuck. What's happening? I'm sweating like crazy..why am I sweating like crazy?" Harry contemplated. Before he could come up with a solid conclusion, Malfoy answered him.

"Wow. How...big of you Potter. I always knew you'd come running back to me. If you want to put this pettiness behind us..I'd be more than happy to do so." Draco let out a small smile as he spoke. "Why am I smiling? Potter just asked to end this bickering, that's not a cause of celebration...why am I smiling?" He wondered.

"Great. I look forward to our friendship...Draco." "Holy fuck Harry said my name." He thought. Suddenly he blushed, hoping Harry wouldn't notice. As Harry started to walk away, Draco couldn't help but call after him. "Potter!" He shouted, "if you'd like..swing by tonight. We can see if we can be civilized in a one on one setting." Draco said.

"That sounds..amazing." Harry blushed. "Why am I blushing? I can't be blushing? I don't like Malfoy. He's just really cool..and funny..and cute..and sweet..and hot - fuck."

"Meet me at the Astronomy Tower. 1:00AM sharp. Bring something fun to do. We are gonna stay up all night and see how civil we can be." With that being said, Draco turned and walked away. His face burned a bright red. "Am I blushing? Draco get yourself under control. You know nothing can happen. You don't even LIKE Potter..or do you?" Draco pondered this question as he and Harry parted ways to go to class. It was going to be a long day before meeting Harry, that was for damn sure.