5.) The Morning After

TW: swearing
Italics in quotations are thoughts!!
——————————————————————————

The next day, Harry woke up with a raging headache. "Fuck." Harry desperately tried to remember what had happened the night before. Then it hit him. He kissed Draco Malfoy. His crush. And Draco Malfoy said it was a drunken mistake. Remembering this, Harry let out a groan. He wanted it to be more than a drunken mistake, but he obviously couldn't let Draco know that. Instead, he sat up in bed, almost throwing up in the process, and got dressed. He had to make it through the day without vomiting, so he made a quick stop at Madam Pomfrey's office.

"And what are you here for?" She asked Harry.

"Erm...headache?" He sheepishly smiled. Knowing that it was not just a headache, she gave him something to help his hangover. Harry drank the mixture and almost regurgitated it. "This is bloody awful!"

Not a second after he downed the hangover cure and sat in one of the infirmary chairs, a familiar blonde entered the room. Madam Pomfrey asked the same question to him, resulting in Draco answering, "Well you see....you know I'm not gonna lie. I have a bloody hangover and I feel like I'm gonna hurl everywhere."

"Say no more." She said with the same hangover cure already in hand, a small smile on her face.

Harry waited a minute or two for the hangover to begin to pass, and Draco did the same. Sitting side by side, the two boys exchanged momentary glances, as if to reassure themselves that the previous night was real and not a figment of their imaginations. Once both their hangovers passed, they started towards the Great Hall for breakfast. They walked in an awkward silence, until it was broken by Draco.

"Do you remember last night?" He asked in a semi-frantic tone.

"Erm....I remember some of it." Harry said, trying to keep his eyes from meeting Draco's. He knew that if their eyes met, he wouldn't be able to stay off of him.

"Do you remember..you know..you and I-"

"Kissing?" Harry blurted, "yeah..I do." Harry let out a light chuckle as he fumbled with his fingers. "But it was just a drunken mistake..I mean that is what you said." His tone was now more disappointed and low.

"Actually..." Draco begun, "I didn't mean that. I didn't think it was a drunken mistake. I just didn't think you wanted to kiss me."

"How could I not?" Harry murmured under his breath. He thought he was quiet enough for it to be unheard by Draco's ears.

He was wrong.

"Wait..you wanted to kiss me?" Draco sounded more excited now, still not making eye contact with Harry.

"Well yeah. You know once I looked into your dreamy silver eyes and saw them looking back at me last night," they now were stopped in the hallway, Harry slightly staring up at the taller boy, "I couldn't resist it."

"Well what would you say if I wanted to kiss you again..maybe right now?" Draco was now red as a tomato as he made his offer. He could feel the heat all the way from his ears to his chest.

"Well Dray...I'd take your hand," Harry said, grabbing Draco's hand (obviously), "and I'd pull you to this abandoned classroom," Harry now leading Draco down the corridor, "and when we got there," they were now in the room, door locked and closed, "I'd say to kiss me." They boys were now face to face, their foreheads basically touching, staring daggers at one another's lips. Draco made the first move.

He leaned in and brushed Harry's lips, Harry not hesitating to kiss back. The kiss was slow and passionate, full of love and care. Draco slipped his tongue into the opening of Harry's mouth, making the boy emit a small, soft moan. The boys kept their make out session going until they both needed to break for air. They pressed their foreheads against one another's. Harry broke out into a small smile and a giggle.

"What?" Draco asked, now equally as smiley.

"Nothing. That was just amazing. Like you." Harry leaned in for another kiss. This one, sadly cut short by the class bell. They broke away, clearly annoyed by the fact that they needed to go and actually learn.

As they were about to leave the classroom, Harry spoke. "Can we exit one by one? It's just..I'm not out yet and honestly I'm freaked the fuck out. Oh yeah. I told you that. Oops.." Harry was now visibly flustered.

Draco lifted his chin so he could have to look at him. He quickly placed a small, intimate kiss on the boy's lips. "You are really adorable when you're nervous." Then he left the classroom. Harry waited a minute inside the empty classroom, still processing everything that happened in the past 20 minutes or so. He finally decided that he couldn't be late to class and ran to Transfiguration. He walked in and sat down right as the final bell rang. He was greeted by two very worried best friends.

"Where in the name of Merlin were you?" Ron said harshly.

"We were worried. You missed breakfast! And you weren't in your dorm. Where were you?" Hermione asked him.

"Guys I'm fine. Don't worry about me." Harry said sheepishly.

"Harry," Hermione spoke, "why are your lips swollen?" Hermione clearly knew the answer but wanted to make Harry tell her.

Harry quickly replied with the best answer the could think of. "Erm...a muggle challenge. It ... makes your lips fuller." He knew how unbelievable that was. Who would be so stupid to do a challenge like that?

"I knew it!" Ron erupted, "It's the Slytherin girl! They snogged!" Harry punched his arm.

"Seriously guys don't worry about it! Obviously if it's something along those lines I'd tell you..right?" He tried to provide his friends with false information to get himself off the hook. Thankfully it worked.

"You are right Harry. If you were, you'd tell us about her. Even if you aren't telling us, you can always confide in us with anything..okay?" Hermione said in her motherly tone.

"Yeah. Thank you guys." Right as Harry finished speaking that to his bests friends, an enchanted crane made of paper floated to his desk. He read it intently.

Harry,

Thanks for the fun in the classroom. You earned me a million questions from Pansy. But I'd love to do it again. If you are up for it, meet me. You know the drill, Astronomy Tower, 10:30PM sharp. I hope I'll see you then ;)

- Dray

"Students please settle." Harry stuffed the note in his bag as Professor McGonagall began teaching, though Harry couldn't focus the whole lesson. He was going to meet Draco tonight. And they were going to have fun.

Hopefully not too much fun.

——————————————————————————

A/N: Ahh!!! I hope you guys liked those chapter!! I know I only have like one reader but it's still fun to write! Also: I was thinking of starting another story that's just one shots so if you guys (or the one person reading this) would be interested in that, let me know! I love suggestions and stuff so yeah!!

- P