8.) Anticipation

TW: swearing
Italics in quotations are thoughts!
——————————————————————————
Harry desperately awaited the evening. He wondered what Draco had on his mind. "Hopefully something good.." Harry couldn't think of why it wouldn't be something good, but he still had the question in the back of his mind. It was currently the last class of the day and Harry couldn't take it. He wanted it to be dinner already so he could quickly eat and meet his boyfriend. "Huh..boyfriend." He smiled.

"And what are you so happy about? This is History of Magic. There is absolutely no way you are enjoying this." Ron whispered to Harry. Obviously Hermione was taking notes and not paying enough attention to Ron.

"Not important. Go flirt with your girlfriend." That was enough time make Ron shut up and blush. Harry went back to daydreaming about Draco and the night to come.

When class ended, Harry went straight to the Gryffindor Tower. It wouldn't be dinner for another two hours or so, so he had some time to himself. Or at least he hoped he would, but Ron and Hermione wouldn't stop fighting so he obviously had to intervene. After telling them both off, Hermione went to her dorm.

"Jeez. What's her problem?" Harry asked after sitting down.

"I asked to borrow her History of Magic bites again and she went on a bloody rampage about how I'm lazy and don't do anything for myself. Then you came in."

"Well...I guess the S.S. Ronmione isn't sailing." Harry said under his breath. He knew Ron wouldn't appreciate it if he said it any louder. He finally decided to head to his dorm and relax before dinner. He still had time.

When he got to his dorm, he sat down on his bed and began to wander in his thoughts. He pondered what Draco had to "prepare" for. It HAD to be good, right? As his head filled with the wonderful events that would unfold, Harry fell asleep. Luckily, Ron and Hermione woke him up an hour and forty five minutes later.

"Harry! Come on we have to go to dinner!"

"Well you do Ronald, all you do is eat!"

Harry realized what happened and now realized he only had 15 minutes to get ready. He put on some sweatpants and a Gryffindor sweater before quickly brushing his teeth (even though he was about to eat food anyways). He finished getting ready with three minutes left to spare and found himself in the common room.

"Finally!" Said Ron, "Come on I'm starving."

The trio started towards the Great Hall. They were talking about meaning topics when Harry realized he wasn't paying attention at all. His mind couldn't stop thinking about that morning. How he fit so perfectly in the boy's arms. How, even though they hadn't become civil until a few days prior, everything felt so natural. It was as if they were made to be together.

They walked into the Great Hall and took their seats at the Gryffindor table. Ron immediately filled his plate with mounds of food and Hermione immediately began reprimanding him on proper portions and what healthy foods he should be eating. Harry put minimal food on his plate and pushed it around. He couldn't eat while thinking about Draco. He was longing for an opportunity for Hermione, who stopped trying to "help Ron", to stop attempting to make conversation. If she was engaged in a conversation with Ron, he could slip out.

He looked towards the Slytherin table in hopes of seeing the blond, but was disappointed to find he wasn't even in the Great Hall. Then he remembered what Draco had said earlier that day. He said it needed preparation so maybe that was what he was doing. Harry wolfed down the little bit of food he had put on his plate and quickly told Ron and Hermione that he was gonna go back to the common room to do homework. They clearly didn't believe him, but he didn't care. He wanted to see Draco.

He quickly moved toward the Astronomy Tower, bounding up the stairs. He took the steps two by two, anticipating what he'd see when he got there. When he arrived, he audibly gasped. He didn't know what he was expecting but it wasn't this. It was...

——————————————————————————