Doctor Who: Entanglement

DOCTOR WHO: Series 11

Episode 7:

Entanglement

Written by Zachary Denoyer

All rights belong to BBC Studios

Prologue: Week 2

53rd Century

The weather was as cold as usual on the planet El Lazo. Snow blanketed the metal structures across the landscape. The metal cube-like units that dotted the expanse were called the 'Entanglement Units'; they are used as housing like all the other units so upkeep on them was always necessary. No one skimps on fixing on El Lazo. One certain unit was acting up. If the unit wasn't fixed soon, the bosses in the hilariously named 'Big Unit' would for sure have the workers there punished. Housing the workers in the units was easier than calling for off-worlders to come in, this way they'd always have people handy.

Megan reached for her drill and continued her job, fixing the molecular converters. Her job was especially important for if anything happened to the converters the products moving through would become entirely unstable.

FLINK

"Uh...Michael I think I broke the bolt..."

"Oh crap, what?"

Michael adjusted his glasses, moved over to Megan's converter, and grew wide-eyed. "Megan! We need to keep a low profile...if we mess up, we'll blow our cover! We are lucky a few nice people gave us this housing..."

Megan dropped her drill and groaned. "We've been living in this metal hellhole for weeks and there is no Face-Spider in sight!"

Michael picked up the drill and handed it to Megan. He glared at her and she took the drill unenthusiastically. "Megan..." Michael groaned, "We've been over this. We've seen Marcus and Angel...it must at least be within a span of a couple months because they look basically the same. We just need to wait...like you said."

Megan fiddled with the drill and got it to spin again. She smirked and sighed. "Okay Michael...I will...keep...waiting...for the Doctor."

Michael smiled and leaned against his converter. Taking his work-belt off, he laid it onto a nearby table. He looked over to their fabricator; it stood silent and waited for input. "How about we have a snack, half-sized home-style Tacos sound good?" said Michael while grinning toward Megan amusingly.

Megan grew a half-smile and chuckled. She sat her drill down and dusted off her pants while standing up. "Yes Michael, I'd like that very much. We both need a quick break. By the way, how are those glasses holding up?"

Michael happily trotted over to the inactive fabricator and switched it on by swiping his ration card. The machine lit up with excitement and a screen came on with text reading:

Please enter your choice.

Hesitating for a moment Michael then entered: 'Half-Sized Home-style Tacos' and set the increments to '2'. "Uh..." Michael sighed while fixing his glasses, "They are pretty crappy...well, I guess they are fine. I'm just lucky the fabricator can even create ones good enough...it sucks it can't create contacts though. I really should have thought about bringing more along on the TARDIS."

Leaning against the metal wall Megan smiled. Their entire predicament has weighed on her and Michael greatly. But it was times like these that helped her pull through. She looked toward Michael as he brushed off his uniform and straightened his back before quickly subduing a sneeze.