Chapter One

A Beautiful Mess

"The voice in her head told her not to trust him. But then, the voice in her head didn't trust anyone."

- C.J. Daugherty

It was a beautiful day of spring.
Spring was always the best of times. The weather was always the most beautiful. Flowers were just blossoming, and rain always falls, just enough to give a foggy appearance to the outside world.
Y/N loved the smell of spring. It was like being able to breath so clearly, but still feeling comforted and protected.

Y/N took one more look at the apartment she hated.
Her father waved from the doorstep.
She couldn't help but smile. She was leaving. She hated having to live in this dreadful and dead neighborhood.

She hopped into her car,
and drove off into her new life. It was nice. A new life. The thought made her mind happy. A new start. Her whole life, her world had been going in circles. Her whole life felt as if it were on repeat. Nothing ever bothered to change, until now. She knew, good or bad, this was going to be new. This was going to stop the circle. This was going to put an end to the repeats.

__________________

She had arrived at the huge house. It was beautiful, but so very creepy. It was like you could almost feel the mice crawling through the walls, and the spiderwebs gathering up in the corners of the rooms.

Y/N had been gardening ever since she was little. Her mother and father always made her do the yard work. Did she like gardening? Not one bit. But something about it was addictive. Maybe it was the feeling of being entrapped by nature, or maybe it was memories of childhood, but none of that matters. She was here. Now. And she was ready.

Y/N walked up to the front door, knocking.
An older lady opened the door.
"You must be Ms. Y/L/N." The older lady stated
Y/N shook her head
"Yup. That's me" she smiled cheekily
"Are you Ms. Grose?" Y/N asked
The older lady nodded, and lead Y/N inside

When Y/N walked into the house, she was expecting the smell of dust, and rot. She expected there to be dust picking up on every piece of furniture...
But everything was clean. It still looked old, and worn down... but still clean...

"I will show you to your room, so you can drop off your bags. Then I expect you to get straight to work." The old lady spoke
Y/N felt very intimated by the women.
"Yes, mam"

Y/N got to her room. It was rather large. The walls were white, or... they used to be white...
The floors were wooden, and partly scratched up. Otherwise, it was a beautiful room.

___________

Y/N started unpacking, and got into clothes fit to do yard work in.
She wore an old t-shirt with some jeans. She grabbed her sun hat, and sunglasses. Y/N always liked to add some fun accessories to her outfit.

All the gardening tools were provided. So Y/N walked to the shed, and grabbed a rake.
She walked over to the garden. Everything was over grown, in a beautiful way. It was messy, but so pleasant to look at.

Y/N would tell the raking would at least take a week. The garden was huge, and had years of overgrowth.
She started to rake up leaves, already dreading the work that was ahead of her.

As she was raking, and listening to music, Someone tapped her back. She turned around, and was met with a young girl. The young girl was smiling brightly.
"Are you our new gardener?" The young girl asked
"Yup! My names, Y/N. How bout you?" Y/N asked
The little girl laughed
"I'm Flora." She said with joy
"FLORA?!" Someone yelled from afar
Soon, a young woman came running in
"Flora, what did I say about distracting... what's your name?" The lady asks Y/N
"Y/N. And she wasn't bothering me at all..." Y/N said
"Okay. That's good. So do you mind if she stays out here with you?" She asked
Y/N nodded
"Thanks! By the way, my names Kate." She woman said, while shaking Y/N's hand

__________

Flora continued to play around in the dirt, while
Y/N did yard work.
"Soooo... how long is this gonna take?" Flora asked Y/N
"A looonnnggg time..." Y/N replied
Flora signed
"... okay... I'll just play with Miles." Flora said, running off

Y/N continued to do work. It really was just beautiful. The house felt like it was it's own little world. It felt... disconnected...
Y/N liked that feeling. It meant no distractions. It meant no more bad friends, or mean parents.

...It was all just so perfect...

A/N-
Hello! I hope everyone enjoyed. Sorry my writing sucks. I wish for you to listen to the music I choose for the chapters, but that's completely up to you! I chose a one hour version, because it just sucks when your music stops before the chapter. And I'm sorry this chapter was boring and short. It will get better! Also, don't be afraid to point out any mistakes, it helps me when you do!

Thank you!