Chapter Nine

(For some reason, it won't let me place a video down, so I'll just recommend a song.)
(Song: Radiohead- Idioteque)

And Hello To You

"The loneliest moment in someone's life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Y/N was cleaning up, and getting ready for her friends to come by.
She was scared Miles was gonna freak them out, and beg her to leave... But she decided to not worry about that at the moment...

Y/N heard a knock on her door
"Who is it?" She asked
"Me." Miles replied
Y/N rolled her eyes, not wanting to talk to the boy.
"Come in."
Miles entered the room, and jumped onto Y/N's bed
"This bed is cozy." He said, laying down
Y/N just ignored him
"Sooo- your friends are gonna be here soon, right?" Miles asked
"Yup." Y/N replied
"Cool... are they cool?" Miles Asked
"That depends. What do you find 'cool'."
"Are they like you?" Miles said with a grin
"No. Not really." Y/N ignored Miles' flirting
"Welp. What are you planning on doing while their here?" Mike asked
"Honestly, I have no idea. But I would appreciate it if you got out and let me finish cleaning up." Y/N said with a hint of annoyance.
Miles looked disappointed
"Before I do leave... back where you used to live-"
Y/N cut off Miles
"I don't live here. I'm just staying here for a bit."
Miles rolled his eyes
"Okay well, where ever you 'live'... before you, you know... Left ... Did you, you know. Were you seeing anyone?" Miles asked with embarrassment.
Y/N was not expecting that question, but at the same time, she never knew what to expect from Miles.
"What does it matter?" Y/N asks with attitude
"Just wondering..."
"Well it's not your business to worry about that."
Y/N froze
"Where you going through my stuff?" She asked
Miles didn't know what to do. Run? Lie? Well of course he would lie.
"What? Huh? Your stuff? No. Why?" Miles asked 'confused'.
"Well I specifically remember having all the stuff in my bag organized the way I always have it... and it seems to be out of order."
"Huh. Weird. Maybe Flora got into it." Miles suggested.
Miles then hopped off Y/N's bed, and walked over to the door
"I'm gonna go— see... what... to do." Miles said as he left the room

Y/N knew he probably looked through her stuff, and she knew he probably looked at THE letter. And that's probably why he asked her that dumb question.

...The letter...

Y/N had received that letter in her locker. No name. She had her guesses of who it was from, but never bothered to ask anyone. But why hold onto such a silly thing? Well, it meant something to her. It was nice to know that someone knew she felt alone, and that someone felt the same. She had always wanted to know who the letter was from. She wanted to talk to the person who wrote to her. She needed to talk to them. Whoever 'them' is. She wants to thank them. She knew the letter wasn't something amazing or some piece of poetry, but it had made her happy for the first time in a long time. Y/N knew that lots of people had feelings this way towards the world, but this was the first time someone had seemed to care about her problems and not just want to pity themselves.

Y/N placed the letter back into her bag, and continued to clean up.

____________

There was a knock at the front door.
Y/N came running down the stairs to open the door, seeing that Ms. Grose has already done so.
Miles had also come down to see Y/N's friends.
"Hi! I'm Angel, and this is Tyler!" Y/N's friend had said
"Well It's nice to meet you. I'm Ms. Grose. Y/N is right over there, and dinner should be done is a few hours." Ms. Grose said

Tyler and Angel walked over to Y/N and gave her a big hug.
"It's so nice to see you guys again!" Y/N yelled
"We missed you- A LOT!" Tyler said with a smile

_____________________

Miles' P.O.V

_____________________

'He will ruin it. He will'
'Why does he look with such lust'
'Rid of him'
'He looks at her too much'
'He knows'

Thoughts kept swarming around in my head, while I just stared at Y/N and her disgusting friends.

"It's just for today"
I assured him.
'You lie to yourself'

I shook my head, trying to just focus on not looking crazy.

I walked up to Y/N and her friends.

"Hello. I'm Miles Fairchild." I said with superiority.
I needed to show these people that they were not to treat me as a friend, but as a figure to fear.
"Well hi, I'm angel."
"And I'm Tyler."
The two said as I shook their hands.

It made me smile that I stood taller than Tyler. It's better to look down to your enemies.

Some may think my disliking of Tyler would be the cause of jealousy, but I will assure you I feel nothing of the sort. But I can't have Y/N starting to feel distanced from me. She needs to feel like I'm the only reason she can live, why she breathes.
Obviously she does not feel that way yet, but I know she will...