Chapter Five

I Just Want to Use You

"If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you're allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind."

-Shannon L. Alder

Miles' POV

I know what will happen. I understand what I have done. He doesn't control me, but rather guides me. It's pleasant to see my old friends face, If only it was as complete as it used to be.
Some are afraid of me, but that doesn't matter. I don't need them. I don't need anyone.

Kate and Y/N are in my way. I need to dispose of them. I hope for their disappearance from this earth. I know they are in my way. He told me. He told me to take it slow, though. I must not rush.

I don't feel anything for Y/N. I'm using her. I want to drive her into insanity. She doesn't deserve to be here. She deserves be thrown in hell like everyone else. She came here expecting open arms, but she will only receive the company of one whom she does not know. Someone she doesn't even realize is there.

________________

Y/N was working in the garden. Last time I saw her, I said to much. I'm not sure why. I upset him. He didn't deserve my betrayal. But now, it's time to make sure she stays oblivious to my part in this plan of ours.

________________

"Hey." I said as I walked up to Y/N, who was ripping out weeds.
She looked at me with a hint of fear. I loved that she was scared. I loved to see her face, and see worry in her eyes.
"Hello." She says looking away from my gaze.
"You're beautiful." I lied. I found her quite ugly. I hated her smile. I hated the way she resembled happiness, in some odd way. I hated the way her eyes sparkled. I hated everything.
"What?" She asked, not believing what I said
"I said you're beautiful." I said smiling.
Her face grew into anger/ confusion
"Can you just leave me alone?" She asked
This made me angry. That was another reason I hated her. She doesn't understand. She doesn't understand that I don't want her to ask questions, but rather just answer them.
"Why?" I ask
"Because you're crazy." She mumbles
She has no right to insult me. I owned her. She's in my estate. She does not have the right to act rudely.
"I'm not crazy, you just haven't lived yet." I tell her, while taking a seat in the ground besides her.
"I really need to get this done. Can you just go away?" She said.
I grabbed her hand, and she looked at me with a 'not this again' stare.
"I want you." I told her flirtatiously
"That's not creepy." She said disgusted
"Lets go take a walk in the maze." I say, as I make her stand up.

She can't really refuse, I'm kind of dragging her along.
We started walking in the maze. I still held tight to her hand.

"Don't you have friends to drag around through mazes?" She asked
"Why need friends when I have you." I said as I stopped walking.
I looked into her eyes.
"Ew." She said, as she pushed my chest away from hers.
I laughed, and continued to walk.
"Do you enjoy staying here?" I ask
She was hesitant to answer
"It's nice." She replied blankly
"I was actually wondering... let's say I wanted to ever invite anyone over... could I?" She asked.
I could feel her hand shaking.
Having more people over was not helpful to me. It's quite the opposite... but if Y/N can't have a social life, she might leave... but if she has friends over, she will get distracted, from me.
"Only if I get to meet them." I said with a smirk.
"Deal." She said happily

_________________

I was now sitting on the couch, reading a book. I'm not much of a reader, but a piece of literature here and there is refreshing.
Y/N was still working outside. She worked through out the whole day, and that just made my job harder. I needed her. Here. I needed her with me. I wanted her with me.

"Hey Miles, do you like Y/N?" Flora teased
"Yes Flora... I love Y/N." I lied. I needed Flora to believe that I had feelings for Y/N.
"You don't seem in love." Flora said
"How do I look in love?" I ask
"I don't know... but you can't be mean." She said pointing a finger at me.
I laughed
"I won't. I promise."