Long Way Back From Hell

Sophie had bled out in the streets last night.

Only a few witches were gathered around her grave in Lafayette Cemetery to say goodbye.

A man laid bricks over Sophie's grave.

Monique, Sophie's niece, newly back from the dead, stood in front of her grave, emotionlessly holding a candle.

Elijah Mikaelson appeared, quickly taking out three people at vampire speed.

Monique and I weren't fazed. 

The others gasped in surprise and fear.

"My siblings have been taken," Elijah told us. "Where are they?"

"Do you mind?" I asked. "You're interrupting Sophie Deveraux's consecration."

Elijah looked at Sophie's grave in surprise and confusion. He looked at us. "How did this happen?"

"Aunt Sophie was a casualty of war," Monique told him.

I looked at her in confusion, knowing she was lying.

Did you ever know that Sophie had had the gift of telling if a woman was pregnant?

Well, I had the gift of being able to tell what was a lie or not.

Why would Monique lie?

"I recommend you give me what I want unless of course, you'd like me to level this place and everything in it," Elijah tod us.

"That won't be necessary," Monique told him. "I have a message for you from Celeste."

Monique raised her arm in front of her, performing a spell.

Elijah pulled at the collar of his shirt uncomfortably. He opened the top button of his shirt to see the name Theresa in italics tattooed on his chest.

Monique continued the spell.

I looked from Monique to Elijah in confusion. 

Two more tattooed names appeared on Elijah's body. He rolled up his sleeve to see the familiar name Sabine.

"To find what you're looking for, follow the path she left behind," Monique told him.

Elijah looked at us.

What the hell was that?

I didn't think that I wanted to know.