From a Cradle to a Grave

I'm sorry, I know that this was a short book with about half of the chapters of the season, but believe me when I tell you that the next book with Auria Rayvnne will be a lot longer with a lot more going on :) 

Davina and Cami entered the compound's courtyard, horrified to see all the dead and dying vampires lying around. 

Marcel and I were tending to Diego and the other vampires who were still alive.

"Auria?" Davina asked.

Cami saw Marcel was bitten, all of them beaten and bloody. "Oh, God, what happened?"

Marce was weak, out of breath. "Klaus..."

"They fought, and he got bit," I told them, putting a damp cloth on Diego's forehead, going to tend to the others.

"Marcel..." Davina trailed off.

"It's okay," Marcel told her. "I gave as good as I got. But, we need Klaus' blood to heal."

Marcel held Davina's shoulder before walking to where I was helping the others near the fountain.

I thought for a moment, turning to Marcel. "You fought Klaus. Did he bleed?"

"I got him pretty good, yeah," Marcel answered.

I was beyond determined. "Where?" 

~

In the Quarter, I walked down the street to where Klaus and Marcel had fought. I looked around, practically seeing what had happened. 

~

Flashback 

Marcel punched Klaus in the face, making him spit his blood all over a car and the cement.

~

Now 

I picked up an empty plastic cup from the ground, setting it on the car. I raised my arms on either side of me, chanting. "Venez sanguis. Venez sanguis. Venez sanguis. Venez--"

Josh's voice startled me out of the spell. "Uh... Auria? What the hell?" 

I stopped, looking at him. "Josh, what are you doing here? I told you to rest."

"I'm fine," Josh told me weakly.

"You're gonna start hallucinating soon," I told him. 

"I mean, unless I'm hallucinating you standing in the middle of the street and chanting for no reason..." Josh trailed off, laughing tiredly. "Wait, am I?"

"I'm gonna save you," I told him. "I'm gonna save all of you." I returned to the spell. "Venez sanguis. Venez sanguis. Venez sanguis la force de la bete a moi."

The spell siphons all of Klaus' blood that had splattered onto the ground and the hood of he car into the air, falling into the cup.

Josh watched in amazement. "Okay. I am hallucinating."

~

I returned to the compound with Josh, presenting Marcel with the blood that I had salvaged from the fight.