The Big Uneasy

Last thing I expected Genevieve to tell me to do was to teach the three currently-alive Harvest girls more spells.

We were in Lafayette Cemetery, in a mausoleum.

Monique, Abigail and Davina were each in different yoga positions.

I was pacing through the middle of the mausoleum. "Vie dans des ancetres, renforcer noblesse."

They repeated. "Vie dans des ancetres, renforcer noblesse."

"Comme des ancetres, de coeur noblesse," I told them.

They repeated. "Comme des ancetres, de coeur noblesse."

"Decider on de ancetres, garder noblesse," I told them.

They repeated. "Decider on de ancetres, garder noblesse."

"Good," I told them. "All together now."

"I seriously doubt that the ancestors want you back here to be a magic teacher," Monique told me. 

"No, I have no idea why the ancestors want be back here, Monique," I told her. "What I know is that Genevieve told me to be here. And, as our coven leader, we all have to listen to her. So, please, from the top."

Monique rolled her eyes.

Davina looked at me sympathetically.

The girls started to chant again. "Vie dans des ancetres, renforcer noblesse. Comme des ancetres, de coeur noblesse. Decider on de ancetres, garder noblesse. Vie dans--"

I felt like the ancestors were attacking my head, screaming, falling to my knees. Then I started to chant without my will to. "Sine la quatrieme puella leve, comme Genevieve ceciderit. Sine la quatrieme puella leve, comme Genevieve ceciderit."

The girls knelt next to me. 

"Auria, are you okay?" Davina asked. I looked up, breathing heavily. 'Auria, you sounded like you were possessed."

"I wasn't possessed," I told them. "I was channeling the ancestors. They say it's time to complete the Reaping. To do that, the fourth Harvest girl must be resurrected, which means..." A slow smile started to spread, but I kept it hidden from them. "It's time for Genevieve to die."

If Genevieve was dead, she couldn't blackmail me anymore, and Cassie would be resurrected.

Finally.

~

The coven had come to the coven house's green house for a meeting.

Genevieve looked at me. "And who put you in charge?"

"I communed with the ancestors," I told her. "They said it's time for you to sacrifice yourself."

Genevieve was skeptical. "Of course. It will be an honor to fulfill my duty to our coven. But it's not quite my time yet."

"The ancestor were very clear," I told her. "We need for you to die, so our community can have the full power of the Harvest."

"Careful, Auria," Genevieve told me. "Not so long ago, I was one of those ancestors. A spirit forced to watch as little by little, witches surrendered everything to vampires. We may no longer live under Marcel's thumb..." She purposely added emphasis to his name to send a point to me. "But, I, for one, don't particularly enjoy answering to Elijah, either. Before I take my leave, I'd like to ensure that you have the power to control your own fate. The Mikaelsons' mother Esther was a powerful witch. Her spell book contains enchantments that we can use to our own ends. I can steal it for our coven and we'll never be held in subjugation again. You'll have your sacrifice. But, I have things to do before I die."