1 braincell

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

Zak (skeppy)

Zak was chilling in his room, wearing his signature light blue hoodie. He is currently skimming through the articles about spirits and demons that he got from the back of the school library.

He had everything ready, the five candles, the symbol of the devil out in front of him scribbled on a scrunched up piece of paper with a ballpoint pen (he couldn't risk getting his carpet dirty) and it's a full moon at 2:45am in the morning on a Friday the 13th just to be super sure that this would work and wouldn't flop.

Zak put a lot of effort into this and had researched about it on the internet and heard bits and bobs about summoning demons or spirits from his scary cult obsessed classmate who sits next to him in biology (very convenient, I know). Of course he didn't believe in such things and knew it was all fake so he didn't see any harm in trying. Even if it is real, what would the demon do? Eat his soul?

Now that I think about it, this is such a stupid idea I can't believe I would put so much effort into something so dumb just because I'm bored... screw it. What can a demon do anyway? It said that only the summoner or summoners can see the demon so it won't affect anyone, plus this stuff doesn't really work anyway.

Without a second thought, he lit the candles with a match and started reading the random gibberish that was written in the article.

He stumbled over his words and found it hard to pronounce but either way he still managed to get the job done. He sat in silence, wondering if he said it wrong or just did the whole thing wrong. He waited for a few more seconds and looked around. "Eh, this is stupid," he muttered, flipping on the light switch and blowing out the candles.

He was just about to pick up the candle when suddenly the candles relit by themselves with a more explosive flame. Zak was stunned, he accidentally knocked the candle onto the carpet but stomped it out while he panicked, his mind raced about what was going to happen.

This can't be happening, this can't be happening, this can't be happening.

A figure with a black hood with red stripes emerged from the symbol, black smoke surrounding it. It's face was covered by the hood and only two white glowing eyes could be seen, giving off a chilly vibe.  It turned around towards Zak, who was probably already hugging the walls like his life depended on it.

"Hey uhm... you can go back to hell or whatever you know.." Zak said with a nervous laugh, the demon stared at him. "I didn't mean to summon you," Zak said again, scared of what the demon could do. He waited in awkward silence while processing the fact that he summoned an actual demon. 

"Are you going to say anything? You going to eat my soul or something?" Zak said, breaking the silence. "Well yes but actually no," he demon said. Zak snorted a bit but stopped, he didn't know what the demon was capable of. "What are you laughing at?" The demon asked. "I dunno, you just... said something funny," Zak said.

The figure hovered over to Zak. The shorter boy could feel the heat radiating off the floating demon. Their faces were inches apart and Zak closed his eyes with fear. "You summoned me right?" The demon asked. "Yeah I didn't mean to," The blue hooded boy muttered sheepishly.

The demon chuckled, "nah, you summoned me on purpose, the set up, the time of day, you must have really planned this out," The demon said to the mortal, "well unless you want something from me or have a good excuse to send me back, the gates won't let me come back for another month or more depending on the situation so I'm stuck with you," the demon booped Zak on the nose.

Zak was surprised, the demon didn't have those cliche raspy or chilling voices that those demons in those horror movies had, the demon had quite a high pitched voice but not high pitched to the point were it was squeaky.

Soon the demon made his way around Zak's room and started looking at everything. "Has Earth really changed this much? What is this?" The demon said to himself while tapping on Zak's microphone. "It's a microphone, I make videos with it," Zak explained with a shaky voice while walking up to the demon.

For some reason, the demon was acting really friendly. He began chatting with the demon about the new century, about the system and about what had changed all while answering very nervously.

Despite the friendly persona that the demon wore, Zak couldn't help but feel uneasy. I mean, who could blame him? He just summoned a literal demon in his room in the middle of the night with a sheet of scrunched up paper and some birthday candles he reused from his birthday last month.

"Sorry about how late I was to appear, you kinda did the summoning thing wrong," the demon said, "Plus the set up is kinda.... lame? Basic? Cheap?" Zak was about to jump into conclusions but decided against it. "Whatever, I'm going to bed and pray that you were just a dream," Zak said as he turned around and took his beanie off his head to reveal ink black fluffy hair.

"Oh my goodness, did I make you mad?" The demon asked as he hovered behind the human. "....no, but I don't wanna believe that I could summon a demon, if my cult classmate couldn't then how did I?" Zak huffed and slumped onto his bed and crawled under the covers.

"You know we choose to be summoned right? If we don't like you then we just don't appear, it's like getting a text message every time someone tries to summon us and we can either answer it or not answer it," the hooded figure explained. "Yeah ok," Zak replied, clearly not interested in what the demon had to say.

He turned around in his sleep to face away from the creepy looking figure and despite the fact that he didn't want to listen to the demon, he had a million questions forming in his brain at once. He shut his eyes tight and tried to sleep.

If demons could choose to answer being summoned, then why would he choose to answer me?

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

1124 words