💫He was more than a friend...💫

Okuyasu walked home. Josuke was still in his mind. Could you exactly blame him? His close friend nearly died. And if it wasn't for him, Okuyasu would most likely be too. He considered himself lucky to have him as a friend. 

Okuyasu also didn't see him as a friend but rather as his love interest. However, he was heavily suppressing his feelings. Okuyasu having feelings for him hit him differently at the time. He spent countless nights questioning it. He knew now he had feelings for him. He just didn't know how to express them without sounding...awkward.

Okuyasu grew up in a strict household, thinking one way had to be this way and such. That was before his brother and mother's death and his father turning to a superhuman to get himself out of debt. Josuke was really the only one that he truly depends on.

Sure he had Koichi as a friend but he wasn't close to him like Josuke was. Okuyasu really cared for him. 

More than a friend.

Okuyasu was walking home from the hospital. It was 6:33 pm. He had nothing to do for the night. Except make dinner for his father and him. Okuyasu couldn't cook much. He stopped by Tonino's. 

"Hey, Okuyasu. What brings you here?"

"Can I get 2 plates of spaghetti to go?"

"You and Josuke? Speaking of, how is he?"

"No. Me and my dad, Josuke is in the hospital." Okuyasu sighed. Tonino knew about his father. Okuyasu had told him about it once. 

"Don't worry, this one is one me alright? Don't get used to it." Tonino went back into his kitchen, preparing the food.

"Here." Tonino handed him a plastic bag with 2 carryout plates of spaghetti. "Have a good night."

"You too Tonino!" Okuyasu waved as he walked out. He began to walk back home when he did, his dad was asleep. Okuyasu smiled. "Dad, wake up, I brought your favorite, Tonino's spaghetti!" He sat up quickly. Okuyasu handed him a carryout plate. "Try not to make a mess." He nodded and went to his little room.

Okuyasu did the same. He took his food and went up to his room. "It's so spicy but it's so good and I don't regret it!" Tonino's spaghetti is spicy and hot but it was good enough that Okuyasu would eat it, even though he can't handle spicy very well. 

It reminded him of Josuke a little bit. When they first went there. It made Okuyasu laugh. Then cry. Meeting him changed his life completely. He made him happier and feel complete again. He decided on one thing that night.

He was gonna see him tomorrow. 

After he finished his food he went to bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

...

It was the afternoon. Okuyasu was walking to the hospital. He wasn't alone. He had a get-well gift for Josuke. It was a white teddy bear. Okuyasu thought Josuke would like it.

He arrived at the desk and saw the nurse with Josuke yesterday and immediately walked up to her. "Ah, your here for Josuke, right?" Okuyasu nodded. "Oh, and I got him something!"

"I see that." She sighed. "Come with me."

They began walking up to his room. "Is Josuke okay?"

"Yep."

"When do you think he is gonna be released?"

"He is recovering on time. Hopefully in a few days. And don't tell him I said this but this morning he told me a lot of good things about you. To me, it seems like you two are the best of friends. He was really looking forward to seeing you today."

Okuyasu felt his heart skip a beat. "I care a lot for him. He is really the only one I feel comfortable around. "

They get to his room. "Wait here for a moment." She went inside. Josuke was up. He was reading a book. "Josuke, your friend is back. Can he visit you or-" "Please." She turned around and motioned for Okuyasu to come in. The nurse was leaning on the wall, watching them. 

"Oi Josuke! I missed you!" 

Josuke laughed. "Me too. Finally, you're here." 

"This is for you." Okuyasu shyly handed him the stuffed plush bear. 

"Thanks, Oku. It's adorable." Josuke was grinning ear to ear.  "Oku, let's name it Shiro! It's perfect."

"Sounds good to me." 

"How is everyone?" Josuke asked. 

"I haven't been talking to anyone. I did speak to Tonino when I went by there yesterday. He asked about you."

"I didn't expect him to ask about me, but we are his favorite customers."

The nurse finally said something. "Tonino's?"

Okuyasu turned around to face her. "Yeah. It's a new restaurant in town. You should go there! It's really good."

"Oh, I know what you're talking about. I've been there before." 

 Okuyasu turned around to Josuke. "Are you feeling any better?"

"Yeah. They put me on a lot of painkillers. Kinda drowsy though." Josuke yawned.

 "Should I leave so you can sleep?"

"I waited all day for you to show back up. I'm not sleeping till you absolutely have to leave." Josuke crossed his arms. "I'll stay with you, Josuke."

They talked and Mikan quietly listened to them, she let Okuyasu stay a little bit longer. She hated to separate them. 

"Okuyasu. It's time for you to go." Okuyasu turned around to the nurse. "I don't wanna."

"You have to or you can't visit and I'll get fired."

"Fine." Okuyasu pouted his lips, "I'm not leaving till I hug you."

"I can try." Josuke leaned in and reached his arms out. Okuyasu hugged him. "Not so tight Oku!" "Sorry, Josuke."

"Goodnight Josuke. I'll see you later!" Okuyasu waved as he went out the door. 

Mikan walked up to Josuke. "I can see why you like him."

"Just look at this cute bear he got me!" Josuke held it up in the air, admiring it. 

"It is cute." Mikan didn't know how to respond. She just smiled awkwardly. "Josuke, I noticed you're a lot happier when Okuyasu visits you."

"How can I not be happy? He is-"

"The most attractive thing you've ever seen." Mikan finished his sentence in a monotone voice.

"Exactly."

"You should probably rest now. I'll be back in a bit. Goodnight Josuke."

"See you."