11 algophobia.

algophobia - the fear of pain.

6:39.

jungkook was finally allowed out by himself.

okay, not properly - he had offered to run to the store for his mother, who had realised the loaf of bread they had was stale.

so here he was; walking through the streets, holding a loaf of bread in his right hand.

his mind wandered as he walked through the mostly streets. this time a month ago, he was holed up in a mental institution for a suicide attempt. now he was walking home after buying bread for his mother.

however, this wasn't only thing on his mind.

the cute artsy blonde boy was running like an infection through his veins - and jungkook didn't enjoy it.

perhaps it was to do with the way he was so kind to him. unlike everybody else, he treated him normally, not like a piece of delicate glass.

every day with taehyung was a day of healing for jungkook. the elder made him happy, a feeling he hadn't truly felt in over half a year.

he wasn't thinking so much about the man who had definitely ruined his life.

he turned the corner, entering the long alleyway which cut through the field behind his house. with the stone walls which were covered with graffiti encasing him in a feeling of normality, he felt okay.

the next corner was not his favourite.

there stood a group of four boys, laughing and enjoying a joint between the group of them. they stopped once they saw the brunette, clad in black, making his way towards them.

"excuse me, can i get past?" he asked, pointing to how he couldn't fit through the group.

one of them put his phone back into his pocket, looking at his face clearly. "you're.. jungkook, right? jeon jungkook?"

jungkook sighed and tried to walk between them, however he was startled by the hand that pressed on his chest, stopping him.

"you upset my boy, jeon." the man stared him down, with a small glare.

the other three shared laughter between them, watching the scene unfold.

jungkook stared back at him, his eyes beginning to harden. his anger was back, with a vengeance. "i have no idea who you're talking about. let me past."

the man was definitely a good few years older than jungkook - his body showing all of it. his face was ever so slightly wrinkled above his eyebrow when he raised it, a black cap covering his hair apart from the shaved sides. he wore a beige jacket, accompanied with a black shirt beneath tucked into a pair of casual blue jeans with evidence of wear at the knees. they were cuffed at the ankles, showcasing black doc martens. he was fairly stylish; something about him was so familiar.

wait.

"i know you." jungkook widened his eyes slightly, his chest instantly dropping, feeling as though it hit the floor like a water balloon and exploding all over the concrete beneath him. however when he looked down, he saw no water nor blood, only the leaves from the trees that cascaded over the alleyway.

the man looked at the three boys behind him, pointing at the younger. "he knows me! do you know these three?"

one of the men wore a blue sweater - encrusted with four buttons at each wide shoulder. one sleeve was rolled up, in which he wore a simplistic watch which complimented the rings on his fingers. with ripped blue jeans and a black leather belt, he looked friendly - however the small smile on his face said otherwise. his black hair flopped over his forehead, covering his eyebrows however jungkook could see the evident piece of metal which sat either side of his brow.

he couldn't recognise the other two - however they looked younger, twins maybe? they looked extremely similar, both sporting blonde hair, one dirtier than the other. both of them wore black v-necks, showcasing their collarbones. the dirty blonde had two piercings either side of his collarbones, acting like a starter to his throat. it looked nice if he wasn't threatening as hell.

"i... i don't want trouble." jungkook shook his head quickly, trying to get past the group once more.

the man with the doc martens sighed, tapping his finger against his temple. "don't you remember partying with us? you got messy. are you still hooked on cocaine?"

jungkook closed his eyes, inhaling deeply before exhaling. "please."

"oh c'mon, you upset your man, you know?" the man pushed his chest, making the smaller take a few steps back. "you don't chat shit without getting consequences."

the younger felt everything around him begin to close up, including his throat. his eyes felt heavy, like they were being dragged by an anchor.

"i'm- i don't say anything about- please, i just want-" he let out a yell when a fist connected with his face, instantly dropping the loaf of bread and clasping his jaw.

"i-"

he wasn't able to speak when he was hit again. one more turned into two, which turned into four, which turned into a number jungkook couldn't count. he simply stood, completely zoned out as he got beat.

yes, he thought. this is it.

the feeling i've been craving.

at first it was simply the man who started it; however then the other three joined in, both kicking and hitting the younger. the one with the rings decided to connect his fist with his cheek, the plates on his rings slitting his cheek deeply.

kim namjoon and kim seokjin - 'power couple' of min yoongi's friends.

blood rushed from his nose when he was left, shoved to the wall on the concrete beneath his feet. staining his pale skin with the crimson that he had grown to love. he stared at his feet, not noticing the boys leaving, abandoning both him and the loaf of bread in the middle of the floor.

i deserved this.

jungkook stood slowly, attempting to grab the wall for a steady balance as something was definitely wrong with his knee. he bent, picking up the loaf and walking slowly, allowing his shoes to scruff against the concrete.

throbbing, bleeding, stinging; his face made him numb. numb to his senses, ignoring the sounds of the birds chirping, the smell of fresh metal, the taste of copper in his mouth.

he simply kept walking, playing with the piercing in his tongue.