A Walk to Remember

Hey all! Now I know in Japan, school grades are not necessarily the same, but I chose to call it this to maintain clarity for readers who may not know. Now on to the chapter! I hope you guys enjoy this one. I am absolutely stunned that the story has gotten as many views as it has. I know it really is not a lot compared to some of the other stories... But I honestly did not expect it. So, thank you all. I will continue to work hard.

You: "I promise to Squirrel. I will make sure you are always okay and taken care of..."

(We held that position for a few moments until her dad entered the room. He checked on Sana and made sure she was okay. He then motioned for me to follow him. I followed, and he took me to his basement. When we arrived, he opened a door and showed me what looked to be a gym of some sort.)

Mr. Minatozaki: "If you are going to be taking care of my princess like you promised, then you will need to learn a few things. I will teach you some things that your father taught me many years ago..."

-Time Skip 5 years

(Following that day, my weekdays were filled with hard work. I would go to school, come home, work on my Japanese with Sana, and a tutor. I would then spend the rest of the night working out with Mr. Minatozaki. On the weekends, I would get to spend time with Sana, Momo, Mina, and Nako. Obviously over time I really bonded with them. Sana more so than the others, as I basically lived with her. Because of this, I was able to spend a lot more time with her. My dad, unfortunately, had been unable to come home every weekend, but he did his best. Unfortunately, recently he has been only able to come visit once a year or so... I am unsure why. When he does visit, he is extremely tired though. Mom and Sana's mother continued to be close and do just about everything together. My school mates eventually started becoming friendlier with me as I learned more and more Japanese. Well, aside from those guys who pushed me and ruined the flowers I bought my mom. They still had a strong dislike towards me, and it was common knowledge that we did not get along. But since that day nothing has been physical, only words. Luckily, I am fluent now but I still rarely speak to anyone outside of my inner circle of friends... I still have not completely shaken the anxiety that had plagued my childhood. Other than that, living in Japan has become much easier, as I was not completely reliant on Sana. She was very upset over this at first, but when she realized she was still going to be my best friend, she quickly got over it...

Today is the start of my sophomore year... So, I will do my best to catch you up with some stuff that I feel is important. Freshman year was honestly great. Since I had been spending so much time working out, I felt it was a good idea to get involved with some of the sports at school. I decided to join the baseball, basketball, and the newly formed American Football team. My positions are Pitcher/Centerfield for baseball, Point Guard for Basketball, and Quarterback for football. Those positions put a lot of pressure on me, but it is something I am sure I will eventually get over... Anyways, I have really grown into my own. I am now 183 cm (6 feet) and I have become very fit. My circle of friends has grown slightly, but not by much. I still mainly hang out with Sana, Momo, Mina, and Nako. But I also have gotten close with a few of the other athletes that play the same sports as I do. Their names are Hitoshi, Reiji, and Taichi. They are all good guys and it is nice to hang out with them as they are a complete change of pace from Sana and the girls.

Now to the point that you all have been waiting for... as time has passed Sana has really blossomed into a true beauty... One in which has just about every guy drooling. Luckily, she still holds the amazing personality that I adore so much. With time, Sana and I's bond had grown. At this point we have become quite inseparable. As we have grown, so has that once little crush. I have tried for so long to ignore it, as I would never want to ruin what we have. Unfortunately, it seems impossible for me to suppress these feelings for much longer... I must confess how I feel about her. The time is coming...)