1

MILES' POV

My name is Miles Edgeworth, age 20. I reccently came back to Japaniforia from the United States and housing with the Von Karmas. Yesterday was my debut as a prosecutor, sadly some unfortunate events occured during the trial and verdict wasn't made.

Breakfast with the Von Karma's was just like every other breakfast he had with them. Melfred Von Karma continued his rant about how "insufferal" a certain prosecutor was. While Franziska agreed with everything her father said, claiming that her father could of done a better job. I kept quite the entire time.

I was actually very excited that morning, the reason for this was today was a Sunday and today is the day when something very special comes. After breakfast I ran out house and checked the mail box. Inside was a small blue envelope that I took instantly.

I have been recieving these letters ever since my father died and I moved with the Von Karma's. The only times I wouldn't recieve them is whenever I'm abroad. I loved each and every note. I still remember the very first letter word by word. . .

"Hello Miles!

          I heard the news a about your father. I'm sorry, I know it must be tough for you, even the bad guy got away. But I want you to know that you are not alone! Even if you went away I want you to know I love you and I'm here for you FOREVER!!! ♡♡♡

-your secret friend"

That was the first letter I recieve. You'd think as a 9-year-old I would be terrifyed to know someone maybe stalking me, but I wasn't. The letter meant a lot to me and was the one of the few things that kept me going.

Now I think of it, I feel slightly childish knowing that I've been recieving these letters for 11 years and I cherished and love each on without even knowing who sent them.

I went inside my room and was immediately greeted by my Pomeranian friend, Missile. He twirled and bounce around my foot. I picked Missile up and let him sit on lap while I sat on my desk.

I took some time to examine the blue envelope. It was a lot smaller than normal envelope and had no stamp or address of my home. The only thing on the envelope was 'For Miles Edgeworth'. I open the small blue envelope.

"My Dearest Miles,

           I congratulate you on your first trial! (Even if there wasn't a verdict made) You were just amazing! I kinda wish they media would think the same :(

          Don't mind those stupid newspapers calling you "Demon Attorney". Trust me, they don't know squat. I know your just as honest and trustworthy as your father. Even if the whole world turn their back on you, I'd be right here to support you.

. . .

With Love, Your Secret Admirer"

I couldn't help but smile at the heartfelt letter.

Reccently local newspapers have been spreading rumors about how I, just like Melfred Von Karma, falsify evidence and such. It hurts knowing the people don't trust me and there's nothing I could do about it. So it really nice knowing that someone trust and cares for me.

"Miles Edgeworth, what are you doing?" I hear a girl's voice scoffing. It was my mentor's daughter, Franziska Von Karma. She was a 13 years old and is taking a break from studying in Germany.

"That's the question I should be asking, are you not aware that there's something people do which they call 'knocking'?" I let out a smirk only to be quickly slashed by her whip.

"I came in to get Missile, I wasn't aware you we're inside!" She quickly took Missile off my lap. Before leaving the room she pointed at the small blue envelope and asked, "What's that?"

"Something that is rightfully mine" I tried to hide the letter but Franziska placed Missile down and   took took the letter while slashing me with her whip if I attempted to take it back.

After reading the letter Franzika asked, "What with this cheesy and foolish letter?"

"It none of your-" Another slash from the 13-year-old. "Miles Edgeworth, you better not be hiding anything from me"

I let out a sigh and explained her about the letters and how I've been recieving since I was 9.

"Anddd??" Franzika says, expecting for more infomation.

"And what?"

"Don't be a fool, Miles! I want to know who's sending these letters!" She pouted angrily.

.

.

.

There was a small moment of awkward silence, "Truth be told Franziska, I don't know who has been sending me these" I quietly admited.

Upon hearing what I said, Franziska scoffed. "What type of foolish fool would foolish not know who wrote him foolishly foolish letters for 11 foolishly long years?"

I didn't wanted to be scolded by a 13-year-old, but Franziska was right. "If you like these letters so much you should send them a reply" Franziska picked up the letter to find the address of the sender.

Then she suddenly took out her whip and slashed me with it. "What type of foolish fool would foolishly send a foolishly foolish letter without adding their foolish address!?" Franziska squabbled throwing the letter back to my desk.

"Did you really think I never considered wtitting a letter back, Franziska? Also why do I have to be whipped!?" Not even a response or apology comming from Franziska.

"Miles Edgeworth! Starting today me, The Great Fanziska Von Karma, will investigate who is sending these love letters" Franziska proudly announce.

"Will all due respect Franziska, I don't think I need your he-"

"Don't be foolish Miles! I need YOUR help, as an assistant!"

I sighed for a while and asked "Are you still mad at me for solving the case last September?"

"Of course not! You weren't even able to apprehend the suspect. Anyways, I require your previous letters!" Franziska motion her whip towards my direction, a sign telling me 'give the letters if you what's best for you'

And that's when we bagan our investigation for "The Case of the Secret Admirer"