Chapter 10

IAN's POV
The wind rushed in my hair as Barley sped down the highway.
No emotions.
Nothing.
My head was empty, except for her face.
Would I ever see it again?
"Bro, we're going to get her. Don't worry," Barley patted my shoulder for comfort.
"She means a lot to me, Barley." I looked to my brother with pain creasing my eyebrows. "And.. if it weren't for you she wouldn't be here with us now. You really helped me out with myself, man."
He smiled and put his turning signal on. "I'm glad, Ian. I'm proud of you."
The exit sign read "Ocean's Orcania," and I knew we were close.
Not only that but there was a tall mountain not too far, swirling with thick black clouds.

~*~
Standing at the bottom of the mountain, I gripped my staff tightly, looking up at the storm clouds surrounding.
"Here," Barley placed the scale stone in my palm. "You ready?"
"No. Let's go."
I took a deep breath, then furrowed my brow in concentration.
"Aloft Elevar!"
We both rose, and with another push of strength we shot up toward the mountaintop. Thank the stars we have magic. It would've taken us days to get to the top.
We made it to the peak of the mountain, and there she was.
She wasn't dressed as usual. Her wrists held shackles. Her normal clothes were swapped with a long flowing gown. Beautiful yet wretched.
"(Y/n)!!!" I cried, not thinking twice before running her direction.
Her eyes widened and she held her arms out.
"Ian! No!" Both her and Barley yelled out. I ran toward her and... through her.
"Ian.. I can see you and you can see me," she ran over, and I could now see she was only a misted vision. A holograph.
"I'm not where you think I am.." she looked around. "Titania will be there soon. Just trust m-" she suddenly fell silent, and a man appeared behind her. Tall, shadowed, mysterious.
A hand clasped over her mouth. Her image puffed away in a cloud of smoke
"(Y/n)!!" I cried out. "Where are you?!!"
Suddenly there was a thunderous roar, and Something arose from the clouds.
A monstrous dragon figure emerged, long flowing green hair and eyes the color of blood.
This was Titania Cybele's true form. Like it showed in our spell book.
"Where's (y/n)?!" I cried out, aiming my staff toward her. She smirked in reply.
"Oh, but why do you want to know?" She started to shrink in size, floating down toward the peak. "She's mine now. I like her. I can use her." She was beginning to morph into something.
Something familiar.
"I can tell you do too."
Suddenly it dawned on me. She was morphing into (y/n).
Barley yelled out and I could see his figure tossing the book. I caught it again with one hand on the staff, and opened it to the page with the Stone spell. I took a deep breath and fished the scale stone out of my...
It wasn't there.
"Looking for something?"
A familiar voice caused my head to shoot up. My face was inches away from (y/n)'s smirk.. no... Titania's smirk.
I looked to her hands. Her delicate fingers held the stone.
"It's so pretty, Ian," Titania went on, but I could barely tell the difference between her and (y/n), other than the fact that I knew she wasn't who she was disguised as.
"You are NOT (y/n)," my voice shook, and I kept a firm grip on my staff and my stance, not letting her trick me once.
"Ian, you're so funny," she giggled, and the sound almost made me melt. She put a finger under my chin and lifted it to get a better look. I shuddered under her touch.
This wasn't her. She wasn't here. Titania had me under her spell.
"No.." I grunted, then broke free from her touch.
"No." I repeated myself and took a deep breath. I extended my arm. "I'll give you one last chance to give me the stone back."
"Now why would I do that?" Titania's (y/n)-disguised fingers curled around the stone. "You don't want to kill me, do you Lightfoot?"
Dammit dammit! This was too close to real life. I needed (y/n) back.
No... I could do this.
I didn't need her. However I could do this for her.
For (y/n).
"You asked for it."
Before Titania could process I ran and tackled her to the ground. The stone fell from her hand and she grunted.
"Barley! The stone!"
He ran and tumbled on the ground toward the stone. He missed.
"Ah dammit. That was supposed to look cool."
I kept Titania down long enough to have Barley redeem himself and throw me the stone. I caught it midair and placed it in the staff, holding Titania down with my hips.
"Dominant man, are we?"
"Shut up."
Barley ran over and held the spell book up so I could read it:
"From your throne you twist and turn,
Fly to your shell and never return!"
The staff started the shake with power, when suddenly it disappeared.
"Wha-" I frowned, when suddenly I realized...
The spell needed two wizards.
"Dammit!" I grunted, when Titania suddenly turned me over and pinned me down. She grabbed my staff and broke it in half.
"No!" I cried, when suddenly, Titania's eyes lost the red in her eyes.
"Ian!" she cried, looking at me. I could see the recognition in her eyes.
(Y/n) was back.
"I don't have much time. I only have enough strength for my consciousness to retain for a few more minutes."
"Are you okay?!" I sat up and she took a half of the staff she just broke.
"Yeah I'm great. Explain later." She held it up.
"Magnora Gantuan!" The staff grew with her spell, and she gave it to me.
"(Y/n), where were you?!" Barley ran over and held her arm for comfort, but she shoved it away.
"Guys stop! She could take back my body any mi-" she started, then suddenly her eyes grew red again.
"Thought you could get rid of me this easy?" Titania's smooth voice melted through (y/n)'s and I stood.
"Titania Cybele, let (y/n) go!" Barley shouted, and she only stepped closer.
I backed away until my foot slipped on the edge of the mountain. I looked down to see only a fraction of the ground. We were so high up I could barely fathom how long it would take for me to fall.
"(Y/n) please... come back.." I whispered.
Titania stepped once more, her hands touched my chest, but just before I could be pushed (y/n)'s eye color returned.
"(Y/n)!!" I grabbed her arm and ran to safety at the sight. No more questions. Just magic.
"Here:" I held out the staff for her to grab with me. She nodded and wrapped her fingers around mine.
"From your throne you twist and turn..."
(Y/n) grunted through her words, and I could see she was fighting to keep her consciousness.
"Fly to your shell and never return!!"
(Y/n)'s mouth opened with a scream, and it was terrifying to see what happened next.
Light poured out of every opening in her body, and the sky slowly started to clear.
She eventually dropped to the ground, and the lightness of her skin returned. But she was weak. Tired.
"(Y/n)?" I asked, walking over to her and helping her up.
She looked up and smiled. "Never better." She collapsed in my arms, and I caught her. I smiled and kissed her forehead.
"Let's get her home."

Hey guys!
Unfortunately, this story is almost over. But I've got Oneshots open!! Every ship available except incest because uh gross.
Request in those comments!
Love you all,
Soph