Daytrip of Doom!

My eyes open to see a garden of various patches of flowers, arranged in a colorful rainbow. I hear the crickets chirping around me, and I feel the grass beneath my aching feet. I shivered as a cool breeze swept by, carrying the scent of Lavender. The moon shines brightly upon me, reflecting off the colorful petals.

The flowers are so pretty tonight.

I miss gardening. Why did I stop?

I hear a loud boom, and I look up to the sky. The stars are twinkling, but one...is moving?

I squint, trying to focus on the small flying object, but before I could make sense of what's happening-

"Take that!"

Elliot falls off her bed with a startled yelp. She puts on a green robe over her pjs, and emerges from her room to see Dewey with a nerf gun.

"Dewey!" She hears Scrooge reprimand from his room door by the blue duck, "don't yell at your target before you fire. You lose the element of surprise."

"I don't have enough coffee for this," Elliot grumbles, taking note of the small shadow darting across the chandeliers.

"Whoo hoo!"

She watches as Dewey falls into a Webby trap.

"You set traps? It's just a game," Dewey says cautiously.

"You're not a player, you're a pawn," Webby growled out in response.

"Oh ho! Webby," Louie warns, "maybe take it down a notch."

"Tell that to my men you captured in Peking!" she yells back from the chandelier.

"What?" Elliot questioned, "Aren't...we.."

"It's part of my character's backstory. Grizzled ex-special forces pulled out of retirement for revenge," the pink clad duckling interrupted as she explained, "What's yours?"

"My guy has a dart gun?" Dewey answered nervously.

"Not anymore. Ha ha!" Webby laughed in victory as she stole Dewey's dart gun, taking him out in the process.

'Bloody hell, I'll have to get used to this.' Elliot thought to herself as she retreated back into her room.

She barely makes it into her bathroom before she hears her scottish uncle screech.

"House meeting now!"

____________

Everyone gathered in the Dining room, Elliot dressed in a yellow dress and white lab coat. Scrooge & Beakley were in front of a large chalkboard, with simple rules on them.

"All right. Time for some house rules. Rule one: My space is my space. My study, my sleeping quarters. My washroom. Rule two: defer to Mrs. Beakley for all subsequent rules," Scrooge informed, "I'm pleased to have you here, as long as it in no way inconveniences me. Good day."

She rolled her eyes at her Uncle's attitude, and prepared her brain for the lecture Beakley's forcing her to listen to.

"This may be Mr. McDuck's mansion, but it's my house," Beakley said sternly, "So... my house rules. Exhaustive. Comprehensive. Where are you going?"

Everyone turned to see Donald holding a dirty tank.

"I got unmentionables to wash." Donald answered.

"Rule 58: If you need something, ask for permission first," Beakley listed off.

"Did you hear that, boys?" he called out, "Ask permission."

"Rule 23: No one is above the rules...Donald," Beakley instructed, "If you had simply asked for assistance, we could've avoided what I'm referring to as the 'Undergarment Incident'."

'What did Donna even do?' Elliot questioned, concerned.

"I can take care of myself," Donald growled.

"That is not your decision to make," Beakley scolded,"You live here, you answer to me."

"I answer to no one!" he shouts in retaliation.

The argument escalated to the two adults shouting in each other's face, but a voice spoke up.

"Wait, are they gonna kiss?" Louie asks.

"Eww!" the other ducks shouted in disgust.

"Outside now!" Beakley & Donald ordered in unison.

"My pleasure," Elliot muttered as she calmly walked out of the dining hall.

______________

"I thought today was your day off?" Launchpad questioned as he drove the limo, turning around from the driver's seat to face the young duck, "Why are you going to the bin?"

The teen sighed, leaning back into her seat.

"Beakley & Donald are having a very disruptive argument," she explained, "so since I know I won't be able to rest I might as well work."

They arrived at the bin, crashing into a light pole in the process. Elliot steps out, taking a  brown satchel with her.

"Thank you Launchpad," she thanked as she closed the door, "I'll be out at 5pm."

"Have a nice day Elli!" Launchpad called out as he drove off.

She walked into the building, greeting her coworkers on her way to the board room. Once she knows she's out of view, she stomps the rest of the way there, slamming the door open with vigor.

"You 3 are the most slimy, conniving, and self centered birds I have ever met," She growled out in pure hatred, "and I know Glomgold, Goldie, and Doofus on a personal level!"

_____________

"Gyro can you drop me off? LP is dealing with another crash."

"1.) You look like you tore out someone's spine. 2.) I guess, but we're eating takeout on your payroll."

"Deal, but I'm craving Tex-Mex."