Part 27

I woke up the next morning, and Troy was asleep next to me. I slowly got up and groaned - I had a terrible headache. I felt Troy shifting next to me, and he smirked as he saw me holding my head. "Do you remember anything from last night, Char?" I replied, "Past the drinking games at Bucket List, nothing... How drunk was I?" He chuckled and said, "You're gonna need a lot of water, food, and ibuprofen today... I'll go make us breakfast."

Before Troy had the chance to leave, I asked him, "Really, how bad was I last night?" He looked at me seriously and said, "You were being pretty clingy, but it was hilarious. You couldn't walk out of the bar by yourself, some of the boys had to help you."

I stifled a laugh at my own expense, and I nervously asked, "Did I get sick?" Troy replied, "Only once that I remember, but I think after that, you were okay." He kissed my forehead and walked downstairs to make breakfast, and I threw on an old hoodie and made my way downstairs.

The smell of bacon, sausage, and eggs was perking me up. Troy turned around and saw me sitting at the island, saying, "Char, I told you to stay upstairs, I would have brought it to you." I replied, "Gonz, you're too kind. I'll eat down here with you - I appreciate you caring for me and looking out for me. You're the best."

That Sunday was full of intermittent eating, tons of headaches, and feeling all-around miserable. I knew if I didn't feel okay by tomorrow, Jamie was going to murder me in training in the afternoon. Gonz and I stayed in and watched some movies, and to my surprise, I was even able to get a light yoga session in toward the afternoon.

As we cleaned up from dinner, I said blankly to Troy, "That was the first time you stayed in my room with me." His head snapped around, and he worriedly said, "I'm sorry, I wasn't sure if you would have wanted me to or not, I just wanted to make sure you were okay-" I cut him off, laughing as I replied, "It's completely fine, Troy. It was nice having you next to me."

Just as we were having a nice moment, Reidy came barrelling down the stairs, screaming since the Roosters had just won their big game. I shook my head and laughed, and Gonzo did the same. Harrison came upstairs, and we all sat around and played card games as the other two boys ate dinner.

*

After arriving to Bondi early to catch some waves, I felt a lot better than I had the day before. However, I knew I would be the talk of the service after our weekend out. Just as I had predicted, as soon as I walked into the Tower, the boys greeted me with hoots and howls.

"Oye, look who's alive!" Cheered Chappo, and I smirked at him.

Whippet added, "What do you remember, Charlie? Anything? Being carried back to the house?"

I quickly replied, "No thanks to either of you, feeding me alcohol down my throat."

We laughed, and Yatesy came up in the Tower. He smiled widely at me and asked, "How bad was the hangover?" I huffed and replied, "I've never had a worse headache. Not even with these two around," I pointed to Chappo and Whippet, and he laughed.

The entire day was full of smart comments from the boys, and I just laughed it off. It would be a while until I lived that night down, and I knew they would give me a hard time for it. I joined Whippet, Reidy, Kerrbox and Yatesy up in the Tower for our lunch break, and to my surprise, Box broke the silence.

"So Charlie, what do you remember from Saturday night?" The boys all laughed, and I replied, "Honestly, Gonz had to tell me what happened past the never have I ever..." Whippet remarked, "Oh, so you don't remember me and Deano carrying you up the street to the house?" I laughed and replied, "Nope."

Yatesy commented, "If that's what you looked like now drinking, I would have loved to see you in your prime at college."

We got back on the beach, and I was stationed with Hoppo. I was a bit nervous to be stationed with him after Saturday night's shenanigans, but he just laughed it off with me and we moved forward. After I rescued a younger pommie out the back of a rip in North Bondi, I stood next to the Rhino as he spoke to me.