Into town

"What happened?!" Peter exclaimed, looking shocked.
Edmund stared at him for a while before sighing. "I tripped, fell and hit my head against the wall." He muttered, looking down.
There was silence for a while before Peter sighed. "I thought I told James to stay away from you." He said.
"I didn't say that it was James." Edmund snapped.
"I know it was Ed." Peter sighed, inspecting the back of Edmund's head.
Edmund sighed. "Of course you do." He muttered.
"I can't believe he'd go and do that." Peter said. "After what I just told him."
"He does what he wants." Edmund mumbled, allowing Peter to help him to his feet.
"And mark my words." Peter said darkly. "When I'm done with him he'll never-"
"Peter." Edmund cut him off. "Stay out of this."
"But Ed." Peter sighed.
"No Peter." Edmund snapped. "I can sort it out myself." He knew that that wasn't true though, but he didn't say anything out loud. "If you go after them then-" He paused. "I won't get you a birthday present."
Peter raised an eyebrow. "Really Ed?" He said, sounding unimpressed.
"I mean it." Edmund said, a hint of amusement in his voice. "You go after James and there's no present for you."
Peter stared at him. "Fine." He muttered. "If you really don't want me to go after James I won't."
Edmund nodded at him.
"Maybe I'll just stick my foot out when he's waking past or something." Peter whispered under his breath.
"Peter!" Edmund exclaimed.
"How did you hear that!" Peter said as they headed down the corridor.
"I have sharp ears." Edmund shrugged.
Peter smirked a little, Edmund smirking slightly back. "So, what you wanna do tomorrow? It's Saturday today and lessons start Monday, so any plans for tomorrow?"
"I'm gonna pop into town." Edmund said.
"I'll come too then." Peter said. "I've got nothing better to do."
"You can't." Edmund said quickly.
Peter stared at him, looking confused.
"Well Peter." Edmund said, talking to his older brother as though he were a two year old. "Most birthday presents are kept secret until ones birthday, making it a surprise."
Peter glared playfully at him, giving his shoulder a light punch. "Fine." He muttered. "I'll just stay here then."
"I'll only be gone an hour." Edmund said. "And then we can do something together?"
Peter nodded. "Sounds good." He said. "Right, let's get to dinner."
Edmund nodded and the two headed down the corridor to dinner.

☆☆☆

T

he next day, after saying goodbye to Peter, Edmund headed from the school and into town, the money he had in his pocket.
He had absolutely no idea what he was gonna get for Peter, he just hoped that, whatever he got, Peter would like.
After almost an hour he managed to find him treasure island which Peter had always wanted to read, and had just enough money to pay for it.
Happy with what he'd got he headed back up to the school, arriving just before lunch.
He made his way through the corridors towards his dorm, only to stop dead when he spotted James, him and his friends talking at the end of the corridor.
He hid behind the corner and waited for them to leave, before running to his dorm and closing the door behind him.
There were three other boys in there but Edmund ignored them, walking over to his bed and placing the book in one of the draws, safely hidden under one of his jumpers.
With that done Edmund headed down for lunch, bumping into Peter half way there.
"You're back then?" He said, smiling.
"Apparently." Edmund muttered, smirking at his brother.
"Successful trip?" Peter asked.
Edmund raised an eyebrow. "Yes." He said.
Peter chuckled. "Thanks." He said. "You know, you didn't have to get me anything."
Edmund shrugged, looking down at the floor as he went red. "Well I did." He said.
Peter smiled as they stepped into the hall. "I'll sit with you today if you want?" He suggested.
Edmund nodded. "I'd like that." He said.
"So." Peter said once they'd got their lunch and sat down. "What do you wanna do this afternoon?"
Edmund shrugged. "Not sure." He said.
"We could go for a walk or something?" Peter suggested.
"That sounds like a good idea." Edmund agreed, nodding his head slightly.
"Say, meet outside at two?" Peter said with a shrug. "I've got a few things to sort out before we go."
Edmund nodded. "Sure." He said, smiling a little.
Peter smiled back and the two finished their Lunch in silence, Peter standing when he was done.
"I'll see you in a minute then?" He asked, patting Edmund's shoulder.
Edmund nodded. "Don't be late." He said with a small smirk.
Peter chuckled. "I won't be." He said, before quietly leaving.

☆☆☆

"I tell you what, I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow." Edmund muttered as he and Peter walked down the lane.
Peter smirked. "School isn't that bad." He said with a shrug. "Atleast you don't have to go school on your birthday."
Edmund looked up at him. "Sometines I do." He said. "Depends when we go back - that's the problem with having your birthday at the beginning of September, you have the problem of going back to school on your birthday some years."
Peter chuckled slightly. "What you planning on doing tonight?" He asked after they'd been silent for a while.
Edmund thought for a moment. "Laying on my bed and staring at the ceiling, listening to the other boys talk." He said, his voice sarcastically happy.
Peter sighed. "You wanna hang out with me?" He asked.
Edmund raised an eyebrow. "Hang on?" He questioned, smirking.
Peter glared playfully at him. "Do you?" He asked.
"Haven't you already got plans with your friends?" Edmund asked.
Peter hesitated, causing Edmund to sigh. "You have, haven't you?"
Peter looked at the floor as they walked. "We were only gonna plan what we were gonna do for my birthday." He said with a shrug.
Edmund nodded slowly, looking away too.
"You were also gonna be involved in the plans too." Peter said quickly, before: "Why don't you come along?"
Edmund looked up at him. "Really?" He asked, hope in his voice.
Peter smiled and nodded. "Really."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡
❤❤❤❤❤🥰🥰🥰🥰🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺