Back to Narnia

Edmund swallowed hard as he slowly walked into his and Peter's room after Lucy, sighing when he heard her telling Peter all about Narnia.
Edmund at that moment was feeling really rather sick, and he didn't pay any attention to Lucy as she told Peter about Narnia, or to Peter as he tried to figure out what she was on about, or even to Susan, who came running in the room telling Lucy that she'd only been dreaming.
His head snapped up though when he heard the words: "And this time, Edmund went too!"
He stared at his siblings, unsure of what to say.
"You- You saw the faun?" Peter asked, looking still half asleep but confused.
Edmund immediately shook his head.
"Well, he didn't actually go there with me." Lucy said, standing from where she'd been sat on Peter's bed and turning to face Edmund. "He-" She frowned for a moment. "What were you doing Edmund?"
Edmund stared at her, before smirking slightly. "I was just, playing along." He said, noting how Lucy's eyes almost immediately lost their sparkle. "I'm sorry Peter-" He carried on. "I shouldn't of encouraged her, but you know what little children are like these days, they just don't know when to stop pretending."
Lucy by this point was in tears, she brought her hands up to cover her face and suddenly ran from the room, leaving behind a rather smug looking Edmund, an annoyed looking Susan, and an angry looking Peter.
Edmund stood from the bed he'd at some point sat down on, only to receive a hard shove two seconds later, sending him falling back onto the bed. "Ow!" He cried after Peter as he ran from the room, obviously going after Lucy.
Edmund sighed as he slowly sat up, his thoughts immediately going back to his meeting with the so called "white witch" and the Turkish delight she'd given him.
At the very thought of the Turkish delight, Edmund's stomach did a flip.
Why did he feel so sick at the thought of it? He remembered it being the most delicious thing he'd ever tasted, but how could something so good, make him so sick? He hadn't eaten that much of it.
He sat there for a good ten minutes, trying his hardest to force back the sick feeling, but in the end he gave in.
He leapt from the bed and ran from the room, pushing open the door to the bathroom.
He just about managed to fall to his knees before he threw up, choking as tears rolled slowly down his cheeks.
"Edmund!"
Edmund would've groaned if he could, of course Peter would find him, and he wished then that he'd closed the door... and locked it.
He saw Peter run in and fall to his knees beside him, placing one hand on Edmund's back and the other on the back of his head, gently stroking his hair.
After a minute or two, Edmund had nothing left to throw up and collapsed back against Peter.
"Ed are you alright?" Peter asked, Edmund being able to hear clearly the worry in his voice. It seemed Peter had completely forgotten about what had just happened with Lucy, atleast for the time being.
After Edmund had recovered enough, he slowly sat up. "I'm fine." He muttered, wiping his mouth.
Peter frowned. "Why did you throw up?" He asked quickly. "You aren't coming down with anything are you?"
Edmund pushed Peter's hand away when he tried to check his temperature, scowling at him. "I said I'm fine Peter." He snapped. "I dont think dinner agreed with me is all."
It was the only excuse he could think of, and he hoped Peter would believe him.
It didn't seem like Peter really did, but he still nodded slowly. "Alright." He mumbled. "Let's just get you back into bed."
"I can get into bed by myself." Edmund said quickly as Peter stood and held out his hand towards him.
Peter just stood there, waiting for Edmund to stand too.
Edmund rolled his eyes and quickly stood, maybe a little too quickly though.
He swayed and tripped, Peter having to Quickly catch him before he ended up face down on the floor.
"You were saying?" Peter said, smirking slightly.
"Oh shut up." Edmund grumbled, pulling from Peter's grasp and staggering all the way back to his room.
"You're too stubborn for your own good Edmund." He heard Peter say as he lost his balance and collapsed onto his bed. "I only wanted to help."
"I don't need your help." Edmund muttered, pulling off his dressing gown and throwing it at the end of his bed.
"Course you don't." Peter sighed, sitting on the edge of his own bed.
"No, I don't." Edmund answered, lying down and pulling the blankets over him, but not before Peter's eyes went wide. "What?" He asked.
"You're bleeding!" Peter exclaimed, pointing at Edmund's ankles.
Edmund looked down, and sure enough, where the dwarves whip had caught him, there was a fairly large cut on both ankles. "Oh that." He said slowly, trying to think up of some excuse. "I, um-"
"Ed what happened?" Peter asked firmly.
"This evening, you know earlier I went for a walk?" Edmund said, meaning after dinner when he'd gone for some time alone outside. He wouldn't really call it a walk, he'd just sat and stared ahead of him.
"Yeah?" Peter said.
"I got some nettles caught around my ankles is all." Edmund lied, shrugging.
Peter stared at him. "Well why didn't you say anything?" He asked.
Edmund shrugged. "Because it's fine." He said.
"Maybe I should clean them?-"
"No." Edmund cut him off. "Its fine, just go to sleep."
Peter frowned. "Fine." He sighed. "Oh but don't think you've gotten away with what you did to Lucy." He said suddenly. "I want to talk to you in the morning. If it wasn't for you throwing up, I'd be talking to you now."
"I never thought I'd say this but thank God I threw up." Edmund muttered, before closing his eyes and ignoring whatever else Peter had to say.