Old Friends Meet Again

Authors Note: The name 'George' is just a name to represent you the reader.

"Another year, another new class" George muttered to himself in a joking manner as he headed off towards his new homeroom.

As he entered he glanced across the room and saw few faces he recognized. During his last two years at high school he'd mainly kept to himself, not joining any clubs or making any new friends. This situation may have seemed bleak to an outsider looking in, but to him, it was...

"Perfect~" He announced to himself with a smile, putting down his bag and sitting down at the desk before him.

He then took a quick glance around the room behind him and then to the right before returning his attention to the front and leaning back in his chair slightly.

"You always did like sitting in the front corner~" A cheerful female voice called out, causing a confused expression to form on George's face as he turned towards the door.

As he did he saw a short blonde girl approach him with a wide smile. As he watched her approach he wracked his brain trying to remember how she knew him, but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't figure it out.

(George in head) "She must know me somehow, but I don't know her..."

As she got closer she set her bag down at the base of the seat next to him and turned to him with a teasing smile.

"You don't remember me do you?"

George grumbled slightly in reply, hating the fact he couldn't remember.

"And you always used to say you never forget a face~" She then teased again laughing slightly as she turned away slightly.

As he watched her do this exact action, his expression changed from one of confusion to one of surprise and then to one of happiness.

"Kay?..." He muttered softly, hoping she was the person he thought she was.

"Yep~" She replied softly, giggling slightly upon seeing his face light up at her reply.

"I-I... I haven't seen you since before high school! I didn't know you attended Saunders, i-if I did I'd have found you sooner..." He responded, trailing off slightly with a saddened tone.

"You always were a sweetheart~"

"Ah..." He muttered, looking away as he began to blush slightly.

Kay chuckled at his attempt to dodge the compliment before replying, "It's a pretty big school, plus I assume you were taking much different classes to what I was?"

"Yeah probably. Even so, I'm sorry I didn't at least try to text you or anything during that time..." George then added, sadness permeating his voice.

"It's alright, I know that we kind of drifted apart after... 'That' happened..." Kay responded sheepishly, Trying to avoid bringing up a topic she knew was painful to him.

George let out a sigh at her words, "Yeah... But I'm past that now, I promise"

Kay bit her lip slightly upon hearing his response as a slightly unsure expression formed on her face.

"I-I'm glad to hear it~" She then said, trying to shake off her own emotions and doubts as she smiled widely back at him.

"Alright class, quite down!" The homeroom teacher then called out as he began roll call...

---Timeskip---

"Well that was riveting~" George joked as he stretched his arms in front of him.

"Oh yeah~" Kay replied with a laugh and a wide smile.

While watching Kay laugh happily beside him, a soft smile formed on George's face.

As she stopped laughing Kay turned back to him, noticing him immediately look away as a slightly fearful covered his face.

"Are you really okay?" She asked in a soft voice, leaning over so that no one else could hear them.

"I'm... I'm fine Kay..."

---Timeskip---

"You're such a coward..."

"You never changed..."

"You're just lying to yourself..."