Chapter XIX: For When The Bells Ring

The party prepares for their journey up the mountain but since they can't take the R.V, only a few of them could come to rescue Alex and bring him back home. Will they ever find Alex?

Angel and the rest regroup in the R.V. Everyone was waiting inside to pick who will stay and defend the village and who will go up the mountain to destroy the lab and rescue, Alex. Angel enters to see three new faces, the beastman they found before. First was a brown Bearman. He was chubby but had a strong chest, arms, and legs. A bear, which he is, but he has a birthmark on his left cheek shaped like a bare head. He was wearing a blue open coat with a black t-shirt underneath. He was also wearing brown pants and brown snow boots.

?????: Uhm, hello, you're highness. I'm Bruce Jockings, thanks for rescuing me and letting me stay. I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for you and the prince.

Angel: It's nice to finally meet you and you're welcome. Although, I am not a princess. People here seem to see me as one.

Jack: Bruce here is a Civilian, not used to combat but can handle basic firearms and a few melee weapons.

Jack walks over to the two beastmen Malex and Richard brought back with Bruce. First was a tall, silver furred wolfman. He had strong arms and legs from all his training as well as a very muscular body. He had blue fur on his back to his tail and white fur from his lower jew to his stomach. He also has sapphire and emerald-colored eyes. He was also wearing a warm blue coat, dark blue pants, snow boots, and a winter hat.

????: Hey, I'm Yugo Rodney, thanks for taking us in. We'd still be slaves to those orcs if it wasn't for you guys.

Angel: We're welcomed to have the company.

Jack: Yugo is a trained Brawler, he mostly fights with his bare hands and doesn't use weapons. Although, he has training using weapons he prefers to use nothing.

Angel: Well, you can't disarm someone if he doesn't have a weapon.

Lastly, there was the other beastman they rescue from the orcs. He was a Tigerman with a muscular body. He has a large chest as well as arms, legs, and noticeable six-pack abs with some scars on his chest and stomach. He also has yellow sunlight eyes. He was wearing a warm fur white hoodie with black pants, gloves, and boots.

??????: My name is Gordon Reinhart, I was captured by the orcs while I was traveling and woke up here. I'm grateful to have been rescued by someone of your kindness.

Angel: It's nice to meet you too, Gorden.

Jack: Gorden here is a Paladin, he uses a sword and shield in combat. He also uses tombs or spells books but only ones that heal or use white magic.

Angel: Hmm, although we don't have any magical tombs for now. I'll let you know if I find any.

Gordon: That would be much appreciated, milady.

Jack: Okay. Let's get back to our mission.

Jack takes out a map and places it on the wall for everyone to see.

Jack: We are currently here, in the middle of the mountains. The lab, the mutants are coming, is here, nearly at the top of the mountain. Lastly, Alex was seen going to the top of the mountains. We can't make use of the R.V to get to him since there are no roads and the mountain has too much snow for any vehicle to move on.

Bernard: We can't take our army too or we put them at risk of being stranded if we can't go back down.

Jack: That's right. Also, if we take a large group the enemy will easily see us. Nix, the villager leader, has asked us to also help guard the villager while the others go destroy the lab and rescue, Alex. The question is, who will help guard the village and who will go up the mountain?