Chapter 1~ The enemy

Hellooooooooooo fellow duelists I am The1&- oops sorry, that's my ex-YouTube channel (RIP). I am Spud_Potato_19 also known as Spud. Welcome to my 5th book. Now, for your information, I am pretty new to Wattpad, I had started writing since January this year! If you have found me, you most've either searched "Shark x Kite" or you stalk or follow my Wattpad account. Follow me if you want, I always shout out new followers :)

Little background information, I am only on season 2 and am vaguely familiar with the Duel Carnival (Those of you who are baffled, just watch YuGiOh Zexal, I'm not explaining), so no one better spoilt or I will slit your throats (And goodbye 8 and under viewers- 9 year olds STAY!). Shark x Kite is my most favourite ship, besides Yuma x Astral (I have no shame, I ain't super into Yuma x Tori!), which are both yaoi (Gay) ships, so too bad! Right, I'll get to the story, since I've wasted 200 words already. Goodbye, see you at the end!!!!

[Shark's POV]

Quiet evenings are always my favourite times of the day. The air is warm but damp, weak and cool, perfect for a stroll around the town. No one is outside: everyone probably has to be indoors, either studying, eating or sleeping. The sunset also looks beautiful, as if the sky were lit on fire with all kinds of oranges, reds and yellows, making my skin look like it's almost glowing. I continued my walk towards the city central, where all cars are silent and scarce, not many in sight.

I walk in through the gates of the Duel Carnival. Quatro had been knocked out of the carnival on the previous round by myself, but I feel like my vengeance isn't settled. Vetrix is, after all, also to be blamed. The semi-finals are to take place in 3 weeks, so the competitors are "prepared" for what is to come. But I was always prepared to face what is to come! The semi-finalists are Yuma, who I will face in the semi-finals, Vetrix and Kite.

I decided to come here and learn my way around this place, since why not? I was given exclusive access to the stadium for duel practise against the robots, the fitness gym, the swimming pool and various other facilities that come with it 24 hours a day. Friends are allowed to come into the arena, but I don't tend to invite Yuma's friends, and I often work alone, so I don't need friends in this building. I only ever come here, if I need to, when it's late at night, since the duelists come midday, and the operators are here from 6am til about 8pm. It's not much of an issue for me, since I'm more of an evening person.

 After yesterday's duelling fiasco, I still feel exhausted, and since I had an early nighter yesterday, now would be a great time to take a dip in the spa, if only I didn't forget my swimming bag! Exploring is still my plan though!

I left to check out the gym, which, to my surprise, was a room larger than my school assembly hall! Oh I could hang here! 

The vending machine is HUGE! There are so many items! There's even a CHOCOLATE BAR in there! I gave a small smile, but the rest of my face remained the same. Did I really need to smile? I sometimes wonder myself if there is any point in showing emotion. I don't feel like smiling or laughing anymore anyway. There just isn't any point, especially when being angry makes others fear you, and stop people from bugging you. All except for Yuma, who I admire for his upbeat attitude. I don't know how long I could hold that horrendously large smile. Eesh...

I finished my self tour and killed 1 hour and 30 minutes. It's now 10.30, so maybe I should head back to my apartment. After visiting my sister, of course.

I walk towards the exit, when I heard a familiar churning of wheels, and a familiar stutter of speech.

"S-s-so why are we here m-m-master?"

No... no way... not at this time! It's 10.30 and he's here?! I turn the corner to see the last person I wanted to see today.

Kite Tenjo, the merciless number hunter who takes people's souls when taking their number cards. It's disgusting, he is a monster. I didn't even own a number, but he took my soul anyway, leaving me behind as nothing more but a frail, half-dead person with no purpose to live. What's worse is that these people can't resist him. He forces it out of them, and never gives it back.