Chapter 21~Staying Awake

WAAAAAAA 200 VIEWS!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! Ok I'm dead ×~×

[Shark's POV]

There is a loud ringing in my ears when I start seeing light. The light was peachy and bright, strangely reminding me of Kite's face tilted back into the moonlight. Moments of seeing this light and I feel my fingers, a lot heavier than I anticipated. This I feel legs, stiff and like stones. I couldn't move, my head pounding and screaming in pain. It hurts all over, but I couldn't do anything about the pain, neither of my limbs moving when I try to ease out the pain.

Then the ringing in my ears, penetrating them horribly. I hated this sickly situation, desperate for some kind out outlet. I could just about breathe, some kind of device forcing me to to so. Then it his me.

I was stuck in hospital, a ventilator used to keep me breathing. Is the duel over? Did I lose? Did I fail my sister yet again? No! That was Vetrix messing with me, making me to go after Faker instead. I know now. He brainwashed me. But, surprisingly, I wasn't as mad!

I shouldn't be sleeping. I've slept for too long, and I fear if I don't awake now, I may never will! I blink a few times, trying to make more sense of the blurred light. Still, I had no focus. I must be regaining conscience! I blink more furiously, finding anonymous hope. But, as more energy is used, my eyelids grow tired, and I feel them slam shut. Guess I'm sleeping a little longer. It just leaves an even larger gap between me and the world spinning ahead of me. I'm always running late. I'm always failing.

I try and open my eyes one last time, but they were alienly heavy, making it almost impossible for me to see. The odd numbing in my legs and neck start to vanish, and the pain became a lot worse. I want to scream, but something in my lungs prevents me from doing to, resorting to only a whisper being heard. Was I actually awake.

More feeling. I have something over my mouth, a bed sheet of some sort on me. I was lying down, feeling gravity pushing me into the mattress. It was warm. Comfortable. Not like the one I slept in that cabin though. This is almost pleasurable.

Slowly, my eyes become less heavy, and I pry them open, finally seeing a briefly blinding light shining above me.

"He's coming around!" Someone shouts. Sounds like a doctor. I close my eyes and open them, feeling the heaviness slowly leave. There was a ventilator on my mouth, breathing for me, which felt weird for my lungs not to do any work. I squint.

I was no longer sleeping

Time skip, brought to you by  oh f*** I HAVE NO GOOD WIFI TO FIND OUT THE NEXT CARD NOOOOOOO!!!

[Still Shark's POV]

Over the next few days, I managed to get off that dumb ventilator and started to walk around a little, though I wasn't allowed outside of this crowded wing.

We were told to be getting a new patient today, transferred from another wing apparently. And an hour later, he did come. He. Him. Kite.

He was in hospital. Unconscious.

I'm standing by his bed now, watching him sleep. He was almost dead. He was pale. Very pale. Still pretty. Still Kite. But dead.

I've never left his side since. I didn't know what would happen if I did. I wasn't allowed to meet the finalists to ask what happened. No one is. What happened to me? What happened to Kite?

His hand was pale. He was also on a ventilator. I hold onto his hand, entwining my fingers into his in hopes of giving him some kind of life. I missed him. I was scared for him. So what about my reputation and need to avenge my sister? For once in my life, I didn't want anything as much as I wanted Kite to return I want to make him smile. Make him feel love. He's been through so much compared as to what I've been though. I've been such a hypocrite, which makes me suck even more. I'm still pathetic.

I press my lips against his hand, looking earnestly at his face for some kind of twitch, or smile, or frown, or any moment. He's still asleep. Still.

I have strange desires to kiss his lips, hoping that this was some kind of reality. But it wasn't.

I can't sleep anymore, knowing that I might never see Kite again. His silver eyes filled with age and hurt. I wanted to bandage his wounds, show him love because he deserved it the most. I turn to my left to look at his face again, but still no movement from when I last saw him. I want to make him smile, show him happiness, treat him better. It's too late now though. I'm still late.

Visions are now filling my head, of walking with Kite hand in hand through a cherry orchard, taking him to the mountains and both of us intaking the beautiful few from out height of the world below. I want to do things with him, see things with him, help him save his brother. I want to do anything for him.

That might, I cried. I longed for him. He filled the hole in my heart which I always needed. He gave me more than I needed. He helped me sleep. I was selfish. Who was going to help me sleep now? I miss him more than anything, and I silently make a promise too.

All I wanted is for Kite to be happy. I want to see him alive and well, smiling brightly. And I wanted to be the one that have this all to him.

Trash chapter...

Be potates!

                      ~Spud🥔