Chapter 4~ With Him?!

[Kite's POV]

Before the letters were sent out...

"It's good to see you back from your walk, Kite!" I froze in my place, squeezing my brother's hand slightly. I've been caught. "But I don't remember you specifically saying you would be going with Hart! We can't have you stealing our patients now, can we! You know very well what the punishment will be if I catch you again!" I shiver and let go of Hart, back still turned from Mr Heartland. I feel Hart being taken away. "Nestro!"

As if out of nowhere, Nestro thundered down the coridoor- despite not seeing him, I could tell according to the pattern and heaviness of his footsteps that it was him. "H... Hey there... Heartland... How may I... assist you..?" He panted between his words.

"I know you're on a break and all after the Duel Carnival but I hope I can trust you to take Hart back to his quarters? It seems he had found himself wandering out!" I could even feel Heartland's eyes on me, piercing holes into the back of my head and I felt myself harden even more on the spot. "Me and Mr Tenjo here will be having a little... chat!" Nestro, being the ignorant brute he is, completely overlooked Heartland's act of scornfulness and went on to his assigned job, attempting to have small talk with my brother, just like that idiot Yuma.

"Now, Kite, will you follow me?" he said, but I can tell by the look in his eyes that this wasn't going to be just 'a talk'. I didn't reply to his rhetorical question and turned around, refusing to look into his eyes. "And I advise you look at me and answer me when I ask you a question." I didn't react, but I felt another chill jolt through me.

"Yes, Mr Heartland."

We walked over to the elevator, Mr Heartland smiling at any operators who walked past, me keeping my head down, looking at the floor. It felt like forever until we got into that elevator, and the ride up it took even longer, a small cramped space with only me and Mr Heartland in. What made it worse was that there were no cameras in here, leaving the time it took for us to get to his floor a time to do whatever he wanted with me. Thankfully, nothing occured, and when we entered his dark room after him scanning his ID, he immediately sat on his hovering chair. Maybe this was just a talk after all? But I can't let my guard down just yet!

"Kite, I stand by what I said, and if I had caught you at any later time of day, I wouldn't hesitate to not only punish you, but take you to see Dr Faker." I felt my stomach quench at the sound for his name, feeling the bile sting at my throat. Dr Faker, mastermind behind all of Heartland, but a disgusting wrench nonetheless. He's the damn fool that wants to use Hart in the first place! I hated him, but everything, from his evil looks to his cackling to his grins, terrified me, more than Mr Heartland ever could. "But, fortunately, I caught you just as I was looking for you, so for today, you are off the hook."

I felt some weight vanish off my chest that I didn't know was there in the first place, knowing I wouldn't be punished for now. I didn't react externally however, continuing to stare at him. Whatever Mr Heartland was about to say I could already tell was going to be bad.

"I have decided to host a meeting, and thought I could tell you beforehand. The idea is to take all the duelist and see how good they are tactically. Physically and mentally are just a cover-up. In case you fail in any way, Kite, we have a back-up plan during the finals, taking it that the 2 remaining victors will have attained all of the number cards. I will send all this information to Dr Faker and hopefully then, we would've attained all of the number cards and can finally heal your brother." It took a lot of willpower to not roll my eyes but my frown deepened as a result. Heartland looked me dead in the eye, a look of ferocity on his face. "You will participate in the activities to avoid suspision, understand Kite? I will not have you yapping about how unfair it is! You will stay with your partner whether you like him or not, no one gets to change their partner! I've seen your personal argument with Shark, and I will not tolerate it. If anything, if you get him, you can break him. Yuma and Vetrix goes the same, don't be tempted to tell them anything, build a wall and bulldose them. Now isn't the time for emotions, got that?!" There was no cheerfulness in his tone. I felt the frown on my face waver.

"Yes, Mr Heartland." I said emotionlessly, trying to remain normal. He switched back to his old self, smiling his fake smile.

"Try not to make friends, but make sure you have fun. I will remain to go easy one you, so you will have to get 1 number card for every 3 days. Until then, I hope you'll be on his best behaviour at the talk this evening. Remember to stay subtle, and don't tell anyone about our little secret! You're dismissed!"

Would I ever tell anyone about my father, Dr Faker, and his assistant, Mr Heartland, are using Hart as blackmail to make me their little footrest, shoving my head into the dirt and putting me through all this pain and torture? Never!

I re-entered the elevator, travelling back upstairs to my suite, getting prepared for this random meeting.

Time skip to the present, brought to you by number 19, Freezadon! 

I looked up to see what was going on between Shark and Mr Heartland. He just said to say the name out loud, and Shark hadn't reacted or said anything for quite some time. I could already tell this was going to be bad. Just as I looked up, however, Shark stared into my eyes. His dark blue was hardly blue anymore, a dangerous blue that could make your blood curdle. But not mine. I felt my stomach drop as I knew what this meant...

"Kite Tenjo." Anger was far from what I was feeling. For one, Mr Heartland caught me sneaking out my brother, then I have 3 days of not seeing my brother and I have to spend a week with this ungrateful brat! Everything just keeps rotting! Maybe I simply don't deserve happiness, being alone and in pain all the time. Every time I think something good was going to happen, it always reverses on me, jumping from my grasp, only leaving me more miserable. But there is no way in hell I would enjoy being stuck with him for a week.

Unless...

If I make his life a hell, it could be a little more pleasurable. Maybe I could give him a taste of the life I had been through. Annoy and hit him until he can't take anymore and breaks. He's ungrateful and it's time I teach him a lesson!

I walk over to him and face him, exchanging my angered expression with an almost evil smile, this time prepared for him to receive possibly the worst week of his life, only to see a similar expression on his face, eyes glinting in mischief.

So he wants to make my life hell, know what it's like to be under everyone else? My life is already hell! There is no way he'll win! We shake hands, no words said between us, though we can understand the words growled between us in actions.

The game is on!

HA y'all think you've had it bad? Amateurs! I've got nothing to do at home for 6 months except go on my laptop and deal with an annoying sister! Ok I'm lying, but my life is hard because I have nothing to do... except complain on Wattpad (soz wattpad!)

Also, where did all the reads come from?! There are so many duellists out there despite it being almost 5 years since it ended! Thanks for reading >w<

Be potates!

                         ~Spud🥔