Brumby

Bailey sat on top of the round yard, watching the chestnut brumby bolt around. Tess came up beside her, standing next to the girl. "So what are you planning to do with him?" Tess questioned. Bailey gave a smile, "I was thinking of breaking him in and maybe training him up and selling on? Just some money for Drovers." Bailey explained. Tess gave the girl a smile, "you're welcome to keep him here but you don't have to sell him just for Drovers." Tess explained before walking away.

Alex arrived as Bailey was working with the stallion. Bailey jumped over the round yard, "Hey you," Alex greeted. "Hi," Bailey replied, placing a gentle kiss on Alex's lips. "So, how's the brumby?" Alex questioned. "He's alright, rather difficult if I do say so myself." Bailey commented, earning a laugh from Alex. "Me, you, Wilgul tonight. Nick's out doing organics work, so we'll have the house to ourselves." Alex offered. "Hm, sure." Bailey responded. "I'm going to take Jaguar for a ride, gotta go check some fences anyway." Bailey added before walking away to saddle up Jaguar.

As the youngest Hall trailed down the fence line of Killarney, she saw Nick and Tess together and despite the fact she was happy with Alex, for some reason she felt a ping of jealousy. Bailey shook herself from it, clicking Jaguar into a smooth canter.

Later that night

Bailey chucked on a pair of wrangler jeans and a black shirt, followed by a pair of western boots she borrowed from Stevie. Bailey saddled up Jaguar, trailing over to Wilgul. When she got there, she tended to Jaguar before heading inside. When she got inside, she saw Alex sitting there on the couch, dressed up but nothing more than his usual. Bailey gave a gentle smile as he made eye contact with her. Alex found himself being reminded of Claire, the way that the two girls always found themselves in a pair of jeans with a nice pair of boots. He frowned, getting up and grabbing his cowboy hat before storming out to his black ute and driving off.

Bailey was shocked, what had she done? She looked over and saw the dinner Alex had cooked- though she assumed he had gotten someone else to do so as she recalled him telling her he couldn't cook. She put the food into a bowl, wrapped it up and put it in the fridge and then washed the dishes that were dirtied. She wanted to make sure Alex didn't leave Nick's house a mess.

"Bailey?" She heard a familiar voice call, "Nick?" Bailey replied. "Where's Alex?" He questioned, a frown present across his face. Bailey shrugged, "I walked in, he looked at me and ran off. Just thought I'd clean up, as it seems Alex won't be." Bailey explained. Nick frowned, "must've reminded him of Claire." Nick said softly, "who's Claire?" Bailey questioned, curious. "Alex's one and only. She was Tess' sister. Was killed in a car accident." Nick explained. Bailey looked up at Nick, she realised this Claire girl was must've been very important because Nick had a very sad look across his features. "Oh- I'm so sorry." Bailey said, putting her hand on his shoulder. Nick looked down at her, giving her a gentle smile before she removed her hand. "I best head back." Bailey said, starting to head outside. "Bailey," Nick called, causing the girl to turn around. "Thank you," He added, though seemed to want to say something else. Bailey nodded, "see you," she said, before hopping back on Jaguar and heading home.