I can't remember anything between seeing the news and reaching work. I was in my mind trying to find answers to my questions, but there were none. That could make someone very angry, but I'm scared.

What if he wants to come after me? Maybe he wanted to protect me from her. Was he on something when he did that? Was it intentional? Maybe he got scared of her when she went into his house and hit her over the head with something? I'm just very sure that he set the scene. She had broken arms and legs, maybe he pushed her down the stairs. But why didn't he call the police for someone in his house?

Those questions kept me awake the whole time I was at work.

Of course, Mary didn't come to work and I didn't see her at the coffee machine when I was on a break. I almost missed annoying her when she felt like annoying me. Her absence is sickening when I remember where she was and how she was.

Everybody was in a gloomy mood. Nobody was smiling or talking that much. But some were staring at me. Why? Do they think I did it?

I got to my desk silently like I always do and started my work. Of course, the newspapers were full of her. "Marry Carsh-Victim of the mysterious car crash near the west entrance."

Congratulations, Mary! Your dream finally came true. The news has you as their main subject. Your autopsy results will come tonight.

'Hey!' said someone behind me. 'How are you, Patrick?'

'Hm?' I said confused.

I turned around and saw a guy with blonde hair pulled back with gel. He was really tall. Everyone is taller than me around here, except for the girls. He had a weird accent. He would stand out, but why didn't I know anything about this guy? I don't think that I ever saw this guy around.

'Hello?' I said more as a question. His face didn't bring any familiarity to me and that scared me. 'I'm good. How about you?'

'I'm good too.' said the guy. 'Sorry for just barging in and not introducing myself. I'm Magnus Berg. I'm from the comic department.'

'Oh. That's nice.' I said calmly. 'I don't think that I've seen you around.'

'I'm pretty new around here. I started just two weeks ago.' said Magnus.

'Cool.' I said. 'How do you know my name?'

'I caught it around when people were talking before work and some were pointing in your direction.' said Magnus a little awkwardly.

I knew that I stood out a little, but I didn't know that people were actually pointing at me. Mostly because I always look down most of the time to avoid eye contact with everybody. I really hate gossip and drama.

'Really?' I said surprised.

'Yeah. I think some might be jealous of how working hard you are.' said Magnus giggling a little.

Oh, he's foreign. His name sounds pretty weird to be from around.

'Hard working.' I said smiling.

'What?' he asked, a little confused.

'It's "hard working", not "working hard".' I said, still smiling.

'Oh.' he said blushing. 'I'm um... English is my second language. It's weirder to talk than to write it.' he said scratching the back of his head.

'Ah, it's ok. Don't worry!' I said trying to continue my work.

'Oh-also... there will be a meeting with all the newspaper departments. So I'll see you there too.' he said.

I knew about the meeting already. I really like this guy's accent.

'Ok, then.' I said. 'See you then!' I said spinning back in my chair.

'Wanna go to the pub after work?' he asked smiling.

These days went far too slow, but at the same time too fast. Everything happened a bit too fast for my mind. I need to relax a little. Even around him I'm on the edge. To be honest, I'll always be on the edge. I need to calm down a little.

'Sure.' I said quickly, turning towards him.

He smiled and said his goodbyes before bumping his head on a plant that I put by the door on a shelf. He was red in embarrassment. That was pretty cute.

I got back to work and tried to finish everything in time. There were a lot of articles about Mary.

I feel bad about the fact that I know more than the other people.

She couldn't have come out of that house alive. I just know it. There's no way. Still... How did he kill her? I would have heard her screams. Did he kill her after going outside to smoke? Did he do it before going outside? Did he wait until the morning to do that? Who called the police about the crash?

The meeting was at 3 PM and finished at 5 PM. It wasn't as interesting as it might seem. There was a lot of talking about our sweet Mary Carsh and the crash. Everyone decided to go to her funeral after the autopsy and everything. Her family will come to America for the funeral, they don't want her buried at home. I don't want to go. Not after all the time she made fun of me.

I got my laptop and my cup of coffee that was now empty and went outside to throw it in a trash can and head home. Well, Emma's home. I don't really want to be close to Michael anymore. Maybe I'll put the house for sale. This man is a psycho.

'Hey!' I heard someone yell behind me.

I turned around and saw Magnus running towards me. I completely forgot about him.

'Oh, sorry, Magnus.' I said. 'My head was so far in the clouds that I forgot.' I said with a frown on my face. I really felt bad for it.

'That's alright.' he said smiling.

'What pub do you want to go to?' I asked.

'I heard of a quiet one nearby.' said Magnus pointing towards the path to the park I went with Michael.

'Alright, then. Let's go!' I said. 'I just have to call a friend real quick.'

'Ok.' he said.

I called Emma and told her that I went to the pub with a guy from work. She was suspicious about it and told me that she just finished work and could come with us. It's better to have someone I'm familiar with.

'Do you mind if she comes too?' I asked.

'Not at all!' he said. 'Is she pretty?'

'She's gonna see you as just a fling anyway.' I said. 'She doesn't do good with commitment.' I said laughing.

He laughed with me. It wasn't a long laugh or an awkward laugh. I feel like I'm going to be good friends with this guy. But one feeling is stronger. I somehow feel like I'll lose him soon.