Story Time

Overwatch HQ

"Ahahaha! So tell me Artorias do you like to arm wrestle!" Reinhardt shouted as everyone sat at the dinner table. "I've never tried it to be quite frank." Artorias replied. He stared at his dinner plate. He sat between Zarya annd Hanzo. "Oh Reinhardt don't even bother! He's mine first!" Zarya replied back. Artorias and everyone else just sat there watching Zarya and Reinhardt argue on who would win the fight with Artorias. 

"Excuse me." Mei tried to speak. They kept talking over her. "Excuse me." She said a bit louder. Nothing. "Excuse me!" Shhe said loud enough making the table turn their heads toward her. Why don't you guys just arm wrestle him now if you think your so strong!" She complained. Everyone looked towards her including Artorias. 

"Let's do it." Zarya said getting up with confidence. Rein followed getting up. "Oh my- please don't be disrespectful!." Ana shouted beside Jack. "He's new leave him alone!" Ana continued. "I'm sorry if i'm ruining anything, I can just leave." Artorias responded getting up. At least 8 members started saying things like 'No no no, it's just they're usually like this.' and 'Non sense you're one of us.' Artorias sighed and looked towards the two big people. "Come on dont back down now!" Rein laughed. "I get first go!" Zarya shouted. Zarya put a round table in front of the two and stuck her hand down. Artorias followed and connected his hand with hers. 

"Ready... set... go!" Rein shouted. With a flick of Artorias' wrist Zarya tumbled down. Everything was so fast no one took in what happened. Zarya looked up eyes wide. She walked back and sat down at her table. "AHAHAHA PATHETIC!" Rein laughed. "Let me show you how it's done!" Rein laughed putting his arm down. Artorias connected his arm. 

Jack looked closely watching the two. "Ready.... set... go!" Jack shouted. Artorias yet again with a flick of his wrist but with a bit more strength made Rein tumble to the ground. Everyone eyes widened once more and jaws open. Rein got up and went back to his seat. Artorias looked at everyone and got bad thoughts. 'Maybe they hate me now.' 'I should leave.' And things like that. "I'm sorry." Artorias mumbled. 

He started to walk towards the door. "What no! We're not mad!" Tracer said. Artorias turned around. "We're just really surprised. "Brigitte finished. "Come and sit down." Angela said. Artorias looked back and took his seat. "So Artorias tell us, how did you become who you are?" Jack questioned after chewing his food.

Artorias looked at everyone. 

"I was just a regular silver knight under Gwyn's command. Our job were to protect Anor Londo from the dragons. Anor Londo was an amazing city Lord Gwyn built. I myself was the best swords men in Londo. There was a great sword stuck in a pedsal that I wanted to pull out but I couldn't. I had beat every single swords man and trained endlessly. One day I tried again but couldn't. One of Gwyn's superior knights was watching me that day. His name is Gough and is one of my friends. He was also one of the four knights of Gwyn. But at that time it was only him. He could tell it was me becuase I was the only knight to wear a cape. That day when I failed he told me about a Guardian wolf in the mountain that could help me find my way. I took his advice and went off on my adventure. Nothing in my way could stop me as I was filled with determination. After days and hours of adventuring I finally made it to the Guardian. He shared me a drop of his blood. I drank it then fell unconscious hallucinating. I dreamt of this one time where I was with a group of other silver knights a lords blades, her name was Sif. Lords blades are female assassins for Lord Gywn. One day a dragon attacked my group. I was going to perish that day but she saved me, but she suffered the consequences of death. Then I woke up to the barking of a baby wolf. I stared at her and named her Sif. Because if she didn't wake me up I would've been stuck in my dream and would've never made it back to reality. I thanked the Guardian and took my new companion back to Anor Londo. I walked over to the Sword and with ease I lifted it. Later on Gwynn decided to turn me into one of his four knights, along with two others. Dragon slayer Ornstein and Lords Blade Ciaran. We were the four knights of Gwyn. One day I was told to hunt the father of the abyss, Manus. The abyss is a deadly disease that can turn anyone insane. He  was spreading throughout this one land. I made my way with Sif and slaughtered anyone in my way. I ended up defeating Manus, but it was one of the hardest fights in my life. In the end I broke my arm and consumed the abyss. Now I have a curse. I warn you all, there will be times were i'm not who I really am. Please be wary." Artorias finally finished as everyone started at him.

"Don't worry luv! You've got us now!" Lena said blinking over to him hugging him. "Ahaha yes you did! We are you family now!" Rein said hugging him as well. Then Ana, and Jack and Angela then eventually everyone was eventually around Artorias. "We all are your family." Jack said smiling looking at him. He smiled at everyone. "I  thank you all for everything you've done. I will protect all of you for as long as I can, and if needs be i'll die for any of you." Artorias replied standing up. 

"Thank you for dinner everyone." He smiled. He got out of his seat and left the room. Artorias sighed and took big breaths, his heart was pounding. He looked around trying to get his mind off. He entered the training facility and looked around.