this apartment is nice

they walked out of finn's house, looking back on all of the memories it stored. like when they all got high on halloween because the neighbour told them to stop being so loud, which sounds really stupid, but it was really funny when you were in the eight grade.

or when finn decided it would be fun to fill up the pool the had drained for skating with cereal, and only made a pile of it and got in so much trouble for wasting money.

so many memories were in that house, and they gave it one last look before closing it, feeling like they would never come back. they were probably going to spend their winter breaks there, and come back for some time to visit family.

they closed the big red door, and finn felt like he was pulling 100 tons to close it, but he felt free once he did. a sense of, "i'm really living with my best friends."

"y'all ready to go?" finn said, looking at the excited girls, and they smiled.

"yes!" they said at the same time, and they ran to the suv. finn started muttering unintelligibly to himself about them being annoying, but started the car.

they were arguing over shot gun, and finn rolled his eyes.

"if one of you doesn't pick i'm going to drag you down the interstate, okay?" millie pushed lilia out of the way, and they both were laughing, until finn drove off without lilia, and millie was crying laughing and he was giggling.

he stopped, and she got in the car, looked at them with narrowed eyes, and millie and finn made eye contact, and burst out laughing.

they drove to dunkin, past the orthodontics, past the shave ice place, down main street. they parked at the new little restaurant, and walked in it, meeting their parents.

"hi!" they all said, and the teens ran over to hug their parents, and smiled at their happy parents, who seemed to glow at the sight of their children.

they didn't really have a normal childhood, sure, their parents raised them but when they were 13 it was like living with your friends all alone.

they always wondered if they should have treated their parents better, but some of them knew that it saved their relationship time to time so they were happy, but also scared that their parents didn't love them.

they had each other was what mattered, so they always knew how to care for themselves. lydia always got the groceries, or basically finn's housemaid.

she was a really sweet lady, she was also so nice to the kids, she baked them cookies sometimes, made them dinner sometimes, and that's not part of her job, she's really just sweet.

"how's thing been?" mary, finn's mother asked, and they all smiled.

"good, me and mills have been shopping online for the apartment," lilia said, and finn turned around one eyebrow raised and wrinkled his nose.

"you didn't tell me you were shopping," he said, and lilia and mills grinned, causing finn to roll his eyes dramatically.

they ordered their donuts, and talked about college. the parents seemed sad to let their children go to college, but what parents wouldn't be sad?

it millie looked at finn's dark curly hair, and admired it without even noticing. nothing was running through her head she just felt happy. she dropped her coffee-coloured eyes when he turned his head, and they stood up.

they hugged their parents, all saying goodbye to the ones they love the most, and walked out of the small restaurant with them. walking to the car, and stepping in, the all felt more mature, they were now living on their own.

"you guys ready?" lilia said, sighing in the back of the truck, and millie and finn copied her sigh.

"no."

-

after a ride of screaming a bunch of surf curse songs at the top of their lungs, they reached the ferry over the james river. they waited in the long line, looking at the cars down the hill in front of them, and the small houses lining down the road.

they reached the big white boat, and it took off. it would take about fifteen minutes to get across the blue river, but it was worth it.

the noon sun some on the waters, which had small soft waves, and there was replica ships from when people traveled from jamestown in sight, and you could in the far distance a busch gardens roller coaster.

they walked up the rickety silver stairs into a room, where you could see outside but through a window. they walked onto the balcony, standing near random strangers, but admiring the gorgeous view of the large teal river.

as they boat came closer to shore, they walked back downstairs to their truck, and got in. they drove into the long stretch of road, passing by the jamestown historic site, and some trees, busch gardens, and finally reached the college. they looked at they went by, and then came to their home, griffin arms.

they got out of the truck, grabbing their book bags and luggage, and walked into the beautiful brick building.

they walked up to their room, and opened the door quickly to look at their new home. it was empty, their u-haul would be coming soon, but it was amazing.

they had two bedrooms, finn would get one and millie and lilia would share the other one, they had a full kitchen and a living room. they were going to add two couches, a tv, and some decorations because lilia and millie would kill finn in his sleep if he didn't let them decorate.

the u-hail came earlier than expected, it pulled up outside as soon as they set their things down and millie got a text that it had arrived.

it was all quickly unloaded, they were on the third floor, but there was an elevator so it was easy to get it all in there, and it was just sat in the living room.

they got to organising, finn help lilia and millie get their room straight first, they got the big bedroom, they had two beds and two small nightstands, with a tv onto top of their dresser, and two closets.

finn got a gaming desk with a computer and a dresser, no tv, he would probably watch in the living room. he got a nightstand and a closet.

they had to share a bathroom, but it didn't really matter. the kitchen had a actual full fridge and the living room had two white couches, and a tv.

they finally were at their home. they could walk to school, and they were around a bunch of nice hangouts, so they were really happy.

they were home.

a/n

i'm SO sorry this didn't have tweets i felt like there was no place for them in this chapter. BUT there will be a lot in the next chapter i'm pretty sure so don't leave they will be all throughout this book!!

i'm pretty sure this will be an twenty chaps but idk the book needs what the book needs. OKAY BYE ILY TYSM FOR READING!!!

ps it's like five am and i'm not even tired SEND HELP