the conversation

finn walked to the kitchen to grab something eat, and millie walked out of her room, to sit in the living room. finn sae her walking for where he was sitting and they both made a short eye contact before running to try to get to it first.

finn got there first, with his bag of chips in hand and a smirk on his face. millie sat down on the other couch, holding a bagel and looking at finn.

"are you ready for today? it feels so weird that we're actually in college. i'm literally living with my best friends, like that's crazy." she took a small bite of her bagel, and finn sighed.

"i mean, we were in a way already living on our own but i'm glad we could get out of suffolk, and i'm even more glad we could get into the same college. and we all get the chance be in the same major, it's just such an amazing possibility to spend your whole life with your best friends." he poppped a chip in his mouth, and cracked a small smile to the left.

"well, it's gonna be hard to leave each other. we have to go do things in life, get married, fall in love a couple times." millie sighed, and sipped on her water bottle.

"i want to fall in love once, you know, i want to be happy with one person for the rest of my life. fall in love with them and never fall out." el admired that. she hoped she only fell for one person ever, she wondered who that person was.

"love is crazy, i mean you could walk by someone and never know that you would fall in love with them. and you could be in love with someone and bury it so deep down you don't know it." finn nodded his head in agreement, and did his little thing he did when he was serious, he raised his eyebrows a tiny bit, and nodded his head while breathing in.

"i mean, i could be in love with someone right now and not know it. it's like i don't even know who i'm going to be, and i'm so scared, and i just got out of the woods and i'm blind and don't know if i'm going back into the woods or straight into sunlight. millie, i'm so scared i'm going to go through 11th and 12th grade all over again." his voice broke a little at the end, and he felt tears but his eyes weren't wet.

"finn, we will not let you go back into that hole. it was the scariest thing to watch, and i'm not gonna just watch it again." finn smiled, and hugged millie.

"i love you mills." she smiled at the curly haired boy, who sat on the couch facing her.

"i love you too."

-----

they woke up to lilia making dinner, and she looked like she had just woken up too. they sighed, rolling over, and lilia sarcastically gasped.

"oh my god y'all aren't dead!" the two rolled their eyes, and lilia kept on cooking.

"what time is it?"

"it's 6:33, and guess what?" lilia looked nervously around the kitchen. "the classes start in two days. i'm so scared."

"it's okay, we all have each other, right?"