70 | first fight

Jungkook's POV

Present
Current time: 6:00 am

My eyes were open all night long.

I couldn't sleep.

Four days have passed in a daze and I couldn't bring myself to go at the place I was supposed to visit. More precisely, I couldn't bring myself to visit the person who was the main reason of me leaving New York in the first place. I always cower when I come back to Korea. It takes me a few days to calm myself before I finally get a grip and swallow my fears.

I have been losing sleep ever since I arrived. Probably the time difference is affecting me, but then again I've always had trouble sleeping. When I was in high school I would pop a Xanax or a painkiller every now and then and I would sleep like the dead.

I'm currently staying in a fancy, sumptuous room in Hotel Singularity for free, a courtesy of Taehyung's father.

Mr Kim is very powerful considering he owns chains of hotels all over Seoul and in the US. His family owns the Empire Hotel back in New York and we would hang out there from time to time enjoying all the luxuries he has to offer. Apparently, Taehyung wanted Elena to get a taste of opulence as an exchange for what she did for him at the Golden Closet.

Yeah, there's no chance she's going to step inside the Empire ever again.

He's following his father's footsteps and that wouldn't be a bad thing if Mr Kim didn't control every single aspect of his life. That man is like a ball and chain, cuffed around Taehyung's ankle preventing him from moving.

Of course Taehyung wants to inherit the massive chain of hotels that is in his father's hands. It is his life purpose to prove himself worthy of claiming the golden mine. However, the competition is a cutthroat between him and his older brothers Namjoon and Seokjin. Even though their bond is strong as brothers, they won't hesitate to show their teeth when it concerns Empire Kim. They're both Business Analytics graduates and they work alongside Mr Kim for now.

The hotel room is like a penthouse with its large living room, the balcony the ceiling high windows with a splendid view of Seoul, the king sized bed and the silk covers. There are flat screens on both the living room and the bedroom. The bathroom is also huge with its it's circular bathtub and it has a view of the city as well. It can easily fit two people.

It would be nice if Elena was here with me. It has been four days and I miss her so fucking much. I feel guilty for leaving without telling her and I've been contemplating on whether I should call her or not. If I did, she would question me and I didn't want to lie to her. I would rather remain silent than feed her lies.

I did something that I can never undo 13 years ago and if she finds out...she will probably never want to see my face ever again.

My own father can't bear looking at my face. Hell, I can't bear looking at my own face.

I can't tell Elena what I did. I can't lose her too.

I stir on the bed, my body tangling up with the sheets even more as I get up. I snatch my fully charged cell from the nightstand and the screen lights up a picture of Elena's face with a naughty expression on her face, pursed lips and eyes looking at the side. Her hair is tied in a half bun, two curly stands dangling while the rest of her hair that is down frames her sweet face. She took that picture with my phone while I wasn't looking and she doesn't know that I use it as my screen-saver.