~Chapter 2: It's Too Easy to Tease Senra~

Note from Crystal: Sorry this chapter took so long to get out! I was lazy and didn't feel like editing like a stupid head.

Note from Free/Ame: Fun fact, I never knew the intended genders for the mascots; every time I watch the streams I don't hear a lot and there is nothing online so uh...Oh nvm, Crystal told me I conveniently was right, thank goodness

~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Shima awoke to sunshine seeping through the window curtains and a warm figure next to him. He looked up to see the other prince, and had a moment of eternal dread, before remembering that this was his new fiancé and there was no need to be scared. He took a glance at the window and saw that the sun was still rising, although it was probably late morning if Shima were to guess.

Shima decided that now wasn't his time to wake up. He was much too comfortable and warm to even think about getting up. Plus, no one has come to get them so he assumes that his soon to be in-laws were happy about this situation. The longer they were together, the quicker they'll fall in love, is what was probably going through their minds if Shima were to guess. So he buries his face into Senra's chest and falls back into the void of sleep.

Typically Senra would find himself waking to the sound of birds chirping outside his windows on his balcony. Yet somehow today he found himself unable, or rather, unwilling, to wake up earlier than necessary. He was far too comfortable. Perhaps it had been years since he'd slept with another's body warmth beside him.

Although, once he did start to show signs of life, it started with him wiggling his fingers and softly gasping to find them settled atop a piece of clothing not his own. Right. Yesterday was a thing. Sighing softly, Senra opened his eyes and moved his head to take in the view of his cuddling buddy. His heart was definitely in trouble at this rate.

Shima felt the other boy moving against him and groaned in annoyance. Despite the fact that the other male didn't get up, Shima brought his hand up to the other's face and smooshed it against the pillow.

"Go back to sleep. Too early to wake up now," Shima tells him, moving his hand back to rest it against the taller's chest as he tries to fall back asleep.

Senra gasped in surprise as his face was pressed into the fluffy object, but made no other objections. He didn't need to be told twice to sleep longer. He needed his beauty rest! Humming in content, Senra pulled Shima even closer, holding him tightly as if he were a toy or the very same pillow he snuggled with at night and felt the lull of sleep call him back.

Before the duo could fall back asleep, there was loud banging on the door before it was slammed open. The two could hear a distant, "what are you doing idiot?!"

The two look up to see Sakata and Urata at the doorway, Sakata coming over. Urata just sighs and facepalms at the other knight's behavior.

"I'm sorry for disrupting your sleep, your highnesses," Urata apologizes and bows, glaring over at Sakata. "You had been sleeping for so long so we came to check up on you."

"Maashi~ Good morning!" Sakata yelled while running into the room after he had rather aggressively shoved the poor door open. "Oh-" After noticed how the close the two royals were, Sakata felt a wave of secondhand embarrassment settle on his face and turned his head away from the scene.

"Five more minutes." Senra mumbled, yawning softly at the ruckus that awoke him. As he opened his eyes and took notice of the knights, his eyes flicked down towards Shima, then back up towards them. "This is not what it looks like!" In panic, he scrambled towards the other side of the bed, to the point of falling off the edge like a fool. "Ow..." Despite how short of a fall that was, it certainly woke him up from the contact of his butt hitting the floor.