Chapter 3-Killing Stalking Much? (Sorry Crystal has never read Killing Stalking)

Hello I'm so tired as I'm posting this and I'm very sorry for any mistakes. I gave up editing halfway ww WE ARE SORRY FOR BEING LATE. PLEASE ACCEPT THIS 23K WORD LONG CHAPTER IN RETURN

Note from Crystal: Whoops... Totally haven't been done with this since April 19... hahahahaha..

~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Shima woke up first due to a weight in his face. Forcing his eyes open and glancing over, he saw his precious Maaru curled up in a ball, sleeping on his face. He groans and shifts to get more comfortable next to Senra.

Still fast asleep, Senra made absolutely no sign of waking up despite Shima's movement, other than unconsciously leaning his body closer towards the warmth beside him.

Expertly, and almost abnormally silently, Pepo somehow managed to open the door herself, nudge it closed to ensure her owner's privacy and padded over. With a graceful leap, the small fox burrowed her way in between both men as if to both keep them apart, but to also claim their body heat as her own, snuggling close. Despite sleeping alone fine, she somehow was feeling left out.

Shima huffs in amusement and smiles groggily at Pepo's antics. Considering that Maaru and Senra were both still asleep, he decided he'd give Pepo some well deserved affection.

"Hey, Pepo. Were you feeling a bit lonely?" Shima whispers, raising his hand and starting to pet the fox.

Nuzzling Shima's hand affectionately, Pepo cooed softly as if to answer his question. Giving him one quick lick, she then turned her nose towards Senra, who was softly and peacefully snoring. It filled her with happiness to see him in a state where he felt comfortable enough to be this vulnerable in front of another person.

"Are you tired, Pepo? I'm quite awake right now. If you're feeling up to it, want to go on a little walk? We could use the time to get to know each other a bit more. Even if you can't talk," Shima whispers with a soft smile on his face.

At the suggestion, she stood up straight and nudged his hand excitedly with her nose as if telling him that yes, she did wish to go!

Shima smiles and slowly and carefully lifts Maaru off his cheek and places him on Senra. Seeing as neither woke up, he smiles and motions for Pepo to come with him.

"Is there any place you want to go?" Shima asks, still whispering as he didn't want to wake his fiancé and pet up from their slumber. "You'll have to lead the way if there is, since I'm not well acquainted with the area yet."

Closing her eyes for a moment, Pepo gave it some thought, then nodded to herself and ran ahead of Shima, leading the way out and upstairs towards a part of the castle Senra hadn't shown him earlier. The rooftop! She would show off her favorite area, especially during this time of day, when the sun was only just beginning to rise, and the colors in the sky mixed beautifully. Maybe if Shima liked it enough, he could drag Senra out here at some point. Did that boy even get enough sun?

Shima hurriedly rushes after Pepo, still in his night clothes and without any type of footwear. In his panic to keep up, he left the bed a mess and the door swinging open. Wonder what impression that would leave....

Despite being smaller, Pepo continuously gazed over her shoulder to be sure Shima was following her before continuing onward. Despite the theme of this trip meaning to be for them to get to know each other more, she refused to stop until right outside the door that would lead them to the rooftop area; a small garden and rest area, though nowhere near as extravagant as Senra's garden down below. Here was just better for viewing the sky.

Pepo stopped at the door, because unfortunately for her, this door handle was placed too high up for her tiny paws to reach, causing her to huff at it in irritation.