princess ☼ jj

summary: JJ protects you at a party after Rafe hurts you

word count: 2786

JJ Maybank was one of the toughest, most protective people in all of the cut. It was known that he would do absolutely anything for anyone he loved or cared for which was mainly the Pogues. You had always been jealous of their tight knit relationship. None of the Kooks cared for one another the way they cared for each other. Technically, you were a Kook, but you never really had a connection with any of them. They all were so basic, nothing deeper than a rich surface. Their personality traits consisted of doing cocaine, treating anyone different then them as absolute trash, and being assholes. You had one friend that wasn't like them and she was from the cut. By spending time in the cut, you heard a lot about the Pogues. Even on the Kook side, you heard a lot, but the things they had to say were absolutely horrible. There had always been tension between the two groups, but recently, this tension had grown into something more serious. That's why when a kegger was spoke about, you debated going. After some very good convincing, you friend Liz finally made you agree to going. Part of you felt like it wasn't truly a good idea, but you let that worry go as you got ready. Liz and you walked from her house to the area that had been told to meet for the party.

When you both arrived, there was a couple dozen people. Kindly, she waved over to the pogues. Every time you were around them, you became nervous, scared they would judge you for technically being a Kook. Truly, you were on the Pogues side, but they couldn't know that. As you walked over to the keg, JJ stood pouring a drink.

"Hey, do you want one?" he asked, handing over the drink he just poured as you nodded.

"Thank you," you smiled, warmly, trying to seem nice.

"You're welcome, y/n," he grinned, beginning to fill his own cup.

Shocked he knew your name, you replied, "You know my name?" He let out a slight chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck while his eyes trailed away from you.

"I mean, yeah. You're one of the few Kooks that actually isn't a piece of shit," he responded, nonchalantly. 

"Well, I'd like to think I'm a little better than not a piece of shit," you laughed out, watching as he came to stand up. This made JJ laugh as well.

"Do you know who I am?" he asked, biting on his lower lip.

Without hesitation, you answered, "JJ Maybank from the Pogues." JJ's lips turned into a huge smile.

"Glad to know I'm not creepy for knowing your name," he chuckled, taking a sip of his drink, watching you closely.

"Oh no, you're still creepy," you joked, taking a sip of your own.

"How am I creepy?" he asked.

"Because you knew I actually wasn't a piece of shit," you teased, giggling. "Just to let you know, I'm actually very fun and very nice." At your words, JJ let out a slight laugh, nodding at you slowly.

"Well what is a very fun and very nice girl doing out here?" he asked, leaning against one of the huge tree branches

"Honestly, trying to do anything that does not involve the Kooks," you shrugged, leaning against the same branch. Before he could respond, you continued, "Do you ever just want more than the surface of people? Like you want to know them know them?" Your words caught JJ off guard.

"Some people aren't that deep," JJ shrugged, looking down at you.

"C'mon... Everyone has at least a little piece of them that they don't show. I want to know someone that good," you said, gazing out as more people joined the group. "Like that crazy connection you get with someone."