Don't Worry, Be Happy

“Logan.” I say under my breath. I can see him outside of a Starbucks, sipping an iced coffee. His favorite. I walk slowly and sit across from him. He looks up.

  “Naya?” He asks, smiling but then it fades.

  “Harry and I don’t like each other. I promise.”

  “Liar. I can see it in your eyes when you talk to him. It’s different than the way you talk to me.” My heart breaks a little. “I’m not sure I can love you knowing that you might like Harry even just a little. Or that you aren’t over him yet.” LIAR? The words start to sink in and tears well up in my eyes.

  “I am-“

  “No. You aren’t, Anaya. I think we should break, okay?” I feel my lip quiver and my heart shatter.

  “You’re breaking up with me?” A sad look flashes across his face and he nods slowly. I try not to cry; I just sigh, nod, get up and walk away. Knowing that I won’t see Logan for a long time. I don’t look back, just go straight to LAX and fly home.

  ******

  It’s 3am when I land and I call a cab to take me to Harry and Louis’ flat. There aren’t any lights on, but their door is unlocked so I let myself in. I knock on Harry’s bedroom door and here a groan.

  “Come in.” He moans. I open the door a bit and flick on the light. “Lou!” He cries, stuffing his head under his pillow as I shut the door.

  “It’s Anaya…” I say, sitting at the end of his bed. He comes out from underneath the pillow and looks at me, tired and confused. “Logan broke up with me.” I whisper.

  “What an idiot.” Harry says in a morning-ish voice. I laugh a bit, tears forming. Harry sits up and I realize he’s shirtless. He holds out his arms and I crawl into them. I start to remember why I dated Harry in the first place. “You deserve a lot better, Naya.” He whispers and I sniff.

  “Yeah…” I mumble. “But I love him.” Harry stiffens up.

  “I know.” There’s silence.

  “I’m going to go home and feel sorry for myself, bye Harry.” I say, getting up. He’s sort of shocked but doesn’t do anything. Once I’m home, I change into pajamas and curl up on Logan’s ‘bed.’ “I miss you.” I whisper into his pillow. It smells like him and I cry myself to sleep.

  The next morning, I wake up with puffy eyes and Skye and Nitina are towering over me, waiting for answers. “I can explain…” I say in my morning voice. My throat is dry from crying and I sniff.

  “What happened? Where’s Logan?” I feel tears again. I guess Lou, Haz and I are the only ones who know.

  “Gone.” I mumble, cuddling his pillow. My phone’s ringtone ‘Want U Back’ by Cher Lloyd goes on and I pick it up off the coffee table. It’s Harry. I answer. “Hi.” I say. I look at my girls and they can see the tears.

  “Hey, how are you feeling?”

  “Horrible.” I answer truthfully.

  “The boys and I are coming over after our interview. Watch it! It’s on soon.” I sniff again.

  “Yeah okay. I’ll see you later.” I say quietly.

  “Logan’s a dick, Naya.” I sniff once again.

  “I won’t agree, but thanks Harry. I’m glad we talked the other night.” He laughs.

  “Me too. Bye, Naya.” I smile at the phone through my tears.