Questions

I open my eye to the familiar ceiling I know and love. It's hard to imagine that yesterday I was uncomfortable and in a different place. I feel extremely comfortable in my bed so I don't dare move. I've had plenty of rest but I don't want it to end.

I close my eyes and collect my thoughts. I remember the moments all over again like a movie.

Why did Carla trick me? I can no longer wonder if she was part of it or not. I didn't believe it but I'm sure she is the reason why I woke up in that cave. 'You've seen too much.' That's the exact opposite, I have no idea what's I've seen.

What I've seen? I've seen incredible things, things that seem impossible or fake or supernatural, things that are hard to beleive! But my parents believed me so easily.

But of course they would with all the wounds in my body. But they never questioned the mysterious things. They only seemed to care of Carla's intentions. Why? Is she that important that moving labyrinths doesn't shock someone's interest or even doubt? Or random snow from in a skyless dome or a yellow swamp with unknown fuzzy walls?? Do those things not matter? Shouldn't they be questioned?

I told them Trey was alive. That's right Trey was alive! I can't beleive I saw him again, oh my goodness I killed him! They didn't even ask about him either?!

I question myself over and over and over and it all comes down to why didn't I or they questioned this before? Do they secretly think I'm crazy? No, ever since Trey died, they've been quiet. I remember that. And although Carla may have tricked me ahe might've been right about their feelings toward Trey's death. They must know something that I don't.

I freak out for a little while more when I think up of more questions that I didn't think of during survival mode.

But I relax. I decide I take more rest, I need it. I think of possible scenarios when I ask my parents the big question.

Scenario 1: They wouldn't know a thing and be truthful about it and we can go back to being an ignorant happy family.

Scenario 2: They say they don't know the truth but they really do know the truth and they're great liars, which leads me to catch them when I scream 'liars' and see their surprised and guilty face when I accuse them.

Scenario 3: They tell me the truth and everything that doesn't add up.

And scenario 4: The answer will take me by surprise so I must be ready for it.

Because of scenario 4 I let my mom heal me and take care of me more. I give give my father lots of love as well and watch our usual discovery channel shows. It takes me weeks to fully recover and I need to get an eye surgery soon.

I'm determined that no matter what the truth is, they're still my parents and I love them. They still take care of me and love me just as much as I do for them. So whatever it will be, it must be for my own good.

After my eye removal surgery I am given a patch that I could decorate freely. I decide to have it a royal purple color rather than the typical black. I don't want to look like a pirate but I guess this is my life now.

All of my wounds have healed. I have scars around my body but I only hope puberty will get rid of it. I look at myself in the mirror and see a stranger staring back at me. The last time I saw myself was when I was depressed.

My hair has gotten much longer than it was before and it changed to a darker brunette color from it's original dirty blond. The patched eye has it's obvious difference and all I can stare at is my lonely brown eye. My skin is clear of scars and has gotten soft like the bears fur. I got bushier eyebrows, my eyelashes are also pretty long, I never really noticed it before. Though I got bags under my eye and my straight thin nose stayed the same. My jaw line seems a bit more defined that the last time I saw it. I wonder how I looked like when I was bloody on the couch.

After staring at myself in the mirror I smiled, "Beautiful." I told myself. I left the bathroom and went to my room. My parents and I decided that I'll be homeschooled until I'm ready to go back to school. I feel so weird being around people who wouldn't understand what I went through. Maybe in high school I can go but I still have to finish middle school, and I have a while to think about that.

I walk down the stairs happily and proud that I can use my foot again. My mom has cooked us breakfast and I sit at the table with them and eat. The conversation was light and fun.

My dad said a few dad jokes and my mother followed along. She wasn't telling me rules like she used to, I was no longer acting like a lady and I wonder why she stopped.

But I got ready to ask them my question, I've been getting impatient.

When my dad finishes his food, he puts his plate in the sink and  walks toward the living room. He sits on the couch and gets on his laptop. My mom washes all the plates and I get up to sit on the couch next to my dad. When my mom is finished she comes to the living room with her school stuff ready to teach me whatever lesson it is today.

"Mom, dad before we start- can I ask you guys a question?"

They simultaneously agree and look at me.

"What is the truth of what I went through?" I look at my dad first then my mom.

They stay silent until my dad speaks up, "What do you mean sweetie?"

"I-I just feel like you guys were asking the wrong questions when I was telling you my story."

"Well what did you want us to ask?" My mom asks with a slight edge on her tone.

I square my shoulders, "I dont know, I just find it weird-"

And just like that everything exploded, literally.