Chapter 1

(y/n) was taken in by Kagaya Ubuyashiki when she was 12. Both her parents died from a mudslide when she was 8, so she has been living and surviving on her own.

As time goes by, Kagaya was surprised about (y/n)'s combat skills and fast reflexes, so he decided to train her to become a demon slayer.

Years had passed and (y/n) is now 18 and an ice pillar. One day on a mission, she was met with the upper moon three demon, Akaza.

*flashback 6 years ago*
[y/n's PoV]

I was walking through the forest to get some firewood before nightfall, cause I ran out of them.

As I walked through the woods with a few firewood on my bag, I sensed something close by.

'It can't be a demon can it? It's not even night yet—' I thought before realising it was already dark. 'Darn it!' I cursed at myself for not noticing that the sun has dropped. 'What am I going to do?' I thought and started thinking of a solution.

After a while I gave up and just decided to camp out here in the cold and dark forest.

When the fire started, I started to sense the same feeling before. I look around and sighed

"Is there someone there? If you're a demon then just go away, I'm nothing but bones. You wouldn't enjoy eating me" I said in a monotone voice.

Suddenly something leapt out from the bushes and pinned me to the ground, I looked up to see a demon.

I sighed and said "were you even listening to what I said? Or are you too free?"

The demon smirked and said "hahaha, I caught a feisty marechi this time"

'Huh marechi? What's that? Eh I'll just ask' I thought.

"Hey, what's a marechi?" I asked confused.

"Huh, you don't know what's a marechi? Fine, a marechi is one of the rarest blood types, making it incredibly intoxicating and mouth watering to demons. So it's very yummy for me" the demon said while drooling.

"Ugh, at least don't drool on me while you were explaining" I responded frustrated.

"Quit your chit chat, I'm going to eat you now" the demon yelled and put some pressure on my arms

I was about use the knife on my boot to stab him but something passed by and cut the demon's head away

I stood up and looked around the see who did it and spotted a boy who has pink hair, a very pail skin and some criminal tattoos on him.

I went over and tapped on his shoulder. He flinched and look backed at me and I said "Thank you for saving me, but I could've killed him myself"

"Ugh, how can a punny marechi like you kill a demon. You're so tiny" he responded while giving me a glare

"Hey! I'm experienced! I've killed 5 demons already!" I said with a tint of bragging to him

"Huh, you sure about that shortie?"
"Hey! I'm not short! You're just tall!"
"Whatever you say shortie. Keep in mind to be more careful since you're an marechi"
"So what?"
"Huh? Usually humans would be dead by now, so be grateful I saved ya, shortie!"
"Oh I have a question!"
"Shoot."
"Why did you save me and what's your name?"
"That's two questions"
"Whatever" I said while doing a ':p' face
"I saved you because you're a girl, and my name is Akaza."
"Ooh, wait what, that's a stupid reason but thanks anyways Akaza-kun"
"Whatever, I'm going now the suns coming out"