Chapter 4

[rengoku's PoV]

After defeating the lower demon and saving all the passengers in the train. I wasn't really injured, but y/n on the other hand... is resting right now.

No she didn't get badly hurt or anything, just her being clumsy and smacked her head causing her to faint.

After placing her down outside and dealing with tanjirou's wound, I sensed another demon, it was stringer than that lower moon we defeated not too long ago.

Suddenly something went forward and attacked me, I was able to block it in time with my sword. I looked at the attacker, and saw the words carved (?) into his eyeballs.

"Upper moon three" I said

"Oh, you're not bad flame pillar" he said mockingly

Halfway through fighting with the upper moon, y/n suddenly muttered something "Akaza, I miss you"

'Huh who's Akaza?' I thought to myself

But I don't know how, but, I felt the upper moon tensed up a bit. I decided to stab him as it was an opening, but he quickly blocked it and stabbed me back.

After fighting for a time, I can feel myself slowly dying. Tanjirou kept pestering saying he wanted to help, but I told him to stay still to not open his wound.

Soon y/n woke up and the demon tensed even more, he decided to do a finishing blow before running away and said "Tch, it's going to be morning soon. Well, see you next time, flame pillar. If you survive" he said in a mocking tone.

[y/n's PoV]

'A-Akaza? Fighting Rengoku? *sigh* what was I expecting, this day is ought to happen' I thought.

When Akaza was running away, I decided to follow and made an excuse "I-I'll go chase him down!" before that, I went over to Rengoku and said to him "Rengoku, survive please"

Tanjirou followed behind and shouted at him and mocking him.

When I lost sight of my teammates, I saw Akaza standing there. I went over and hugged him.

"You must hate me now right? Thinking that I'm a monster" he said

"No! I-I knew this day was ought to come. So I don't really mind that much, just- just don't get yourself hurt" I said while sobbing a little.

"There, there, stop crying" he said while patting my head
"You know, you remind me of my ex-fiancé. The way you both talk, and other stuff. It's also quite scary that you're an ice pillar, same with her name, yuki" he said

"That means, I got reincarnated and came back to marry you?" I said in a joyful tone

"Yes, Yes, my dear little n/n" he said while giving me a peck on my lips. And said "I got to go now, sun is coming up"

"okay, bye~" I said while waving

Then I quickly went back to check on them, to see all of them crying. I went over and asked "h-he left?" in a soft tone
...
...
...

After a few days of Rengoku's death, Tanjrou came and asked me "hey y/n remember that upper moon three?"

"yea, what about him?" I replied
"did you managed to kill him?" he asked

Suddenly I freeze and thought of excuses, and I thought of one
"er, well he got away, since he said 'I don't hurt females', quite a gentleman you could say." I said while scratching the back of my neck

"hmm I don't think so, he killed Rengoku, so his not a gentleman" Tanjirou said

*time skip*

"Excuse me y/n-sama, I have to blindfold you and plugged your ears" the girl said

"Okay, please just call me y/n" I said

I said 'thank you for your hard work' to them as I was passed to the next one.

Slowly, I've reached the swordsmiths village. Shortly after arriving, Tanjirou has also reached. Then both of us went to see the chief of the swordsmiths village, Tecchikawahara Tecchin.

As we reached to his room, I greeted him "Grandpa! It's been a while!"

"grandpa?!" Tanjirou exclaimed with a lot of questions.

"Oh, we're not blood related, but he's like a grandpa to me" I said while smiling.

Then we talked for a while, and went to do our things. But, something unexpected is coming.
...
...
...

Thank you for reading chapter 4 of 'Our Little Sin'!
I'll see you in chapter 5! :)