Chapter 2- Run Away

You chose to make a break for it
~~~~~

     You grab Luna's hand and run to the right. The loud blasts of ammunition from the other side filling your ears. But then you heard something that wasn't a laser. A scream.

     You look behind you to see Luna, still holding onto your arm. Her other arm was against her leg. It was bleeding.

     "We have to keep going, Luna!" You tried to help her up. But she couldn't move.

     The same voice from before filled your ears. Only now, that voice embodied... well.. y'know... a body.

     "How pathetic," it sneered.

     You kneeled beside Luna and tore off your jacket. You quickly wrapped it around her leg and knotted it tightly. She hissed through her teeth.

     "Did you really think..." You two were surrounded. "You could stop me?" The body came into clear view. You could see clearly- it was a short man. He had a ratty, greasy head of brown hair. It was the average length of a male's hair. He was perhaps a little overweight.

     You heard Luna laugh.

     "Oh please. Defeat you? As if you have any significant importance to us?" She inhaled sharply, and her hand instinctively reached for her leg.

     "Well, now, look at you! All high and mighty, how adorable!" He giggled. This guy gave you the creeps. "I would be proud if I gave a damn about you."

     The man turned over to you.

     "My sincerest apologies. I haven't formally introduced myself. I am the Developer! The right-hand man of the fearsome Game Master!" He looked as if he were trying to subtly strike some sort of pose of pride.

     "Riiight. Okay, I'm Y/n, average human, and would like to get the fuck home now, thank you," you said back.

     "Could it be that you've never heard of us?" The Developer inquired. "Allow me to elucidate. We a-"

     "Nobody likes monologues, dude," a male's voice rang out.

     "Lance," Luna whispered under her breath.

     The source of the voice came out of the darkness with a grappling hook. He was elevated on a pipe near the ceiling. He swung down next to you and Luna.

     "Now, if you don't mind, I'll just be taking these fine people with me, and we'll go on our merry way!"

     "Frankly, I do mind!" The Developer stuttered, clearly baffled.

     "Well.. that's certainly a shame, isn't it?" The man said, tossing a large rock around in his hands.

     Suddenly, he threw the rock at one of the little gremlin things with guns. It caused a domino effect. Literally. They all fell into each other, one after the other. Soon enough, chaos ensued, providing the perfect distraction while the Developer was trying to stop them all from fighting. How convenient!

     "Quickly. Help me carry her. I have a sort of jet waiting outside."

     "Wait, what? You mean to tell me that some mysterious evil dude has a giant liar filled with guards on the inside, but NOBODY bothered to set up any on the outside?" You asked. What kind of bullshit..?

     "More or less. Now help me!"

     "I can walk fine, idiot. I just need support," Luna muttered. So these two clearly knew each other.

     You and the man went under each of Luna's arms and fleed as fast as you could. Before you knew it, you reached this "jet". It looked like a jet, but it was ten times the size of any you've ever seen.

     "We used to have a base, but those pesky Hackers would always find us. So, we decided to just live in here. This isn't some fancy hotel, so don't think we all have luxury beds and all that crap. Most of the rooms here are for operating this thing. The others are for storage. We all sleep on the floor near the cockpit. This way, if anything were to go wrong overnight, the alarm would wake us up," the guy explained, leading you and Luna inside.

     "Mind telling me your name?" You asked, setting Luna down gently onto the ground against the wall.

     "Lance. Pleasure to meet you, Y/n."

     "Why the actual fuck does everybody know my name?"

     "I swear, we'll explain everything and answer every single one of your questions. We should probably get to a safer area first before those idiots realize we're gone."

     Lance started up the vehicle and began to race away from wherever the hell that lair was.

~~~~~
What will you do?

- If you choose to sit down and talk to Luna, go to Chapter 4.

- If you choose to talk to Lance, go to Chapter 5.