Chapter 3- Try to Fight Back

You choose to stay and try to fend them all off
~~~~~

     Luna gripped her gun and looked at you for confirmation. You nodded.

     Instantly, that moment became an intense plethora of euphoria. Lasers fired everywhere. You even felt a little excited when you hit some of them.

     The moment was gone as soon as it came, however. You let out a scream when you felt a sharp pain in your leg. You looked down to see blood.

     "Keep fighting, Y/n! You can't stop now, look!"

     You took a peek behind the pillar. Had you both really taken out that much of them? Or were there less than you thought? Either way, it appeared like their forces had diminished greatly.

    You inhaled deeply. Luna tossed you her jacket.

     "Good thinking. Hold them off," you responded in a bad-ass manner. Look at you!

     You tied it tightly around the wound. It hurt, but it was better than getting an infection or bleeding out. You balanced on one leg, but still kept the other leg close to the ground. You grabbed the gun and kept firing.

     After a bit, you heard the same man curse. You quickly glanced. How the hell did you and Luna manage to kill them all?

     "This isn't over! Don't you two dare think for a second that you've seen the last of me! The Developer will always find you. And when he does, you'll be sorry!" The man shouted before running away, out of the room.

     "Not bad," Luna grinned. "Come on, Lance should be here any second. Once we get you away from here, we'll explain everything to you.

     "Lance? Also, where exactly is here?"

     "Occultatum? The Fourth Country," she replied, leading you to where you assumed was the exit. "And Lance is a friend of mine. He'll like you, you were pretty badass back there."

     "Thank you, but fourth country? There is no fourth country. There's only three."

     "Occultatum is hidden. It's about the size of New Jersey. From America, I believe it was. Of course, before America, Canada, and Mexico became one. I'm sure you know what I mean."

     You nodded. A fourth country? How did anyone miss that? This question, you decided, wouldn't be one to skip over. You repeated your thought to Luna.

     "It's surrounded by some sort of shield. Lance and I tried to leave once. Several times, actually. Each time we crash landed at the exact same spot. We threw a rock at the line between the shore and the ocean. The rock disappeared. Completely vanished. So did everything else that we threw. We tried to cross the line ourselves without a vehicle, just to see what would happen.

     "The moment we did, the land behind us completely disappeared. We were standing in shallow water, with no land in sight. Lance fell back in shock. I felt a pull, and I was back on the shore. Lance said that he could see me, but I couldn't see him or hear him at all. It's like this place is surrounded by a force that outsiders can't see.

     "We still don't know why our jet crashed each time, but when we saw the Game Master's ship leave, we theorized that some sort of major component is different beyond the barrier. And whatever technology they keep hidden here, they found a way to sustain their vehicle. I know it sounds far-fetched, but we can show you. But I think some more explanations may be worth your time before you do."

     Finally, you reached a large, open window that resembled a balcony. There was a jet that was ten times the size of any normal jet. This thing was massive! This must've been the thing Luna and Lance tried to use to escape. But, escape from what? How did they get here in the first place? Were there any other people here besides those Hacker freaks?

     Suddenly, a man stepped out. This was probably Lance.

     Confirming your assumption, he introduced himself.

     "Lance. Pleasure to meet you, Y/n."

     "Why does everybody know my name?" You asked as the two rested you on the ground against the wall.

     "We'll explain later, when we're away from this place. Despite the circus that goes on in there, these people are dangerous," Lance said. He walked over to the control system and started up the engine. Luna took a seat next to you with a bottle in her hand. She untied the jacket and poured the stinging liquid onto the wound.

     "Sorry."

     She walked away and came back with some bandages. She wrapped up your leg.

     Now was the time for explanations. Sitting in silence the whole ride to wherever was safe would take to long. You needed answers, understandably, and you needed them now, before you went insane. You needed to know what was going on. Who would you ask? You'd just met Lance, so it may be nice to get to know him a bit more. However, you'd known Luna for SLIGHTLY longer. She did save you, after all.

     Not that this mattered too much. What really mattered was answers.

~~~~~
- If you choose to talk to Lance, go to Chapter 6.

- If you choose to talk to Luna, go to Chapter 7.