Chapter 12

Warning#1:Trash Work
Warning#2:Suicidal Mentions
Warning#3:I have no idea what my hand is typing
Song#1:For the love of a daughter (Lyrics changed)
Artist:Demi Lovato (Thanks to JosephineNP6 for telling me the artist.😊)

Song #2:Lacie Melody
Artist:?
Anime:Pandora Hearts

Jiang Cheng kissed the foreheads of his two years old twins, who can suprisingly talk already though kinda sloppy (damn i want that), as they sleep. It was already past midnight, yet the older Jiang can't seem to feel sleepiness. He wants to return to the pavillion where he sulked earlier but can't because of his twins. Who knows, maybe they'll burst out crying again.

He heaved a heavy sigh and laid next to the twins and closed his eyes. As much as he wants his twins to grow up with their real father, he just can't. Given the fact that their father is currently in seclusion and no one is allowed to disturb him. Not even the mother of his children.

(Song#1)-Start

Four years old
With my back to the door
All I could hear
Was the family war

For these past two years, Jiang Cheng didn't do anything but to love his twins. Carried them in his arms when his own father doesn't even carry him when he was still young. Played with them when his own sister can't play with him because Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan won't allow it. Praise them for little things that they achieve when his own mother only brings him down if his achievement isn't that big to be shown off. After all, all his mother see is the outcome and not the efforts. All his sister and father sees is 'A-xian'. But what about 'A-cheng'? Did they still remember him?

Your selfish hands
Always expecting more
Am I your child?
Or jut a charity award?

Jiang Cheng's father immediately held Wei Wuxian in his arms, yet Jiang Cheng? Jiang Fengmian only carried him less than five time. LESS than five times. He can't even remember a time where his father held his hand or ruffled his hair. Nor can he remember a time where his father hugged him. But he did remember this three times his father hurted him.

You have a hollowed out heart but it's heavy in your chest
I tried so hard to fight it but it's hopeless
Hopeless
You're hopeless

The first time was when Jiang Cheng was still a kid of five years. He accidentally tore his father's documents. Jiang Cheng apologized. He did. He got the forgiveness he wanted but with a additional slap.

Oh father, please father
I'd love to leave you alone but I can't let you go
Oh father, please father
Put your favoritism down for the love of your own son

The second time was when he shooed Wei Wuxian out of his room. One of the reasons he was forced to look for his adoptive brother was because his father literally pulled his hair while ordering his child to go and look for his adoptive son. And as a child, what can he do?

It's been five years
Since we've spoken last

The third time was when he left Wei Wuxian in the cave of the Turtoise of Carnage to get reinceforments. Even if he just woke up after he collapsed from exhaustion, starvation and constant bleeding, his father punched him in the face. How ironic. He and his father barely even conversed for years except for the formal greetings and he just punched him.

And you can't take back
What we never had

Why? Why does his father even afforded to hit him yet took care of Wei Wuxian with the outmost care and love he has? Was he really that worthless?