7

TALIA's POV

TALIA's POV

I grabbed some lucky charms cereal and poured two bowls. I filled one with milk and one without milk. JJ hates milk.

I walked over to JJ sitting on the couch watching old Drake & Josh episodes and handed him his cereal.

"Do you think John B. got home okay last night?" I asked, taking a bite.

"You haven't talked to him?" He asked confused. I shook my head.
"I don't know then, probably, but we can go over there later." He said, mouth full of cereal.

I leaned back and just let it go. But I had a gut feeling that something happened last night.
_________________

A little while later we arrived at the Chateau, I saw John B and Kie sitting outside talking. We walked over to them, reaching the big tree near the fire pit.

"Hey dude, where's you disappear too last night?" I asked, dapping them both up quickly, then joining JJ on the hammock.

We continuously rocked back and forth while talking to JB and Kie about last night, but John B was quiet. Off.

I rested my head back, laying with my legs on JJ's lap while he brushed his fingers up and down my thigh making different patterns on my legs, putting me into a trace like state.

I was broken from my gaze when Kie got up to grab a snack, JJ following wanting a beer, leaving me with John B.

We sat in awkward silence when I spoke up, "John B. What happened to you last night?"

"What do you mean?" He asked taking a sip of beer.

I sighed, "Dude you were completely MIA, did you not get all my calls and texts? We were supposed to go back to my house, but you were literally nowhere to be found."

"I was fine Tal, I ended up talking with Ward Cameron all night. He wanted to know how things were going and I guess I just got carried away talking with him. I'm sorry." Now that I was completely sure he was okay, I felt bad for even bringing it up.

"No Im sorry. I went all mama bear on you. Your a big boy I can trust you," I chuckled a little, making my voice sound granny like. He laughed too.

"Don't worry about it though, you're my best friend. I'd never lie to you. Plus, You're supposed to worry about me." He smiled and patted my leg.

He then looked back down into his lap and I couldn't help but notice an uneasy look on his face. Something was off. Not wanting to interrogate him again, I just let it go.

JJ and Kie then came back outside, and Pope pulled up. We all sat around trying to figure out what we could do today when we just ended up going on the boat.
______________

I laid facing the blazing hot sun trying to get more than when I heard a boat approaching. I lowered my sunglasses and looked to see who it was. I saw Sarah Cameron and Topper pass us, Topper held onto her when she just gave us an uncomfortable look, looked at John B, and looked away. Huh?