[Chapter 3]

ack aight welcome back- 

heads up this is a pretty long chapter, but it's cute sooo. enjoy-

Rantaros POV

I sat at the end of my bed, book on my lap. I couldn't sleep last night, so I thought it would be relaxing to read for a while. I'm not sure what time it is at the moment but it feels early. I look back down at my book and continue to read for what felt like a few minutes. I look over to my clock on my bedside table and realise I have History in 30 minutes. damn, I haven't even gotten ready yet.

I quickly throw on my clothes for the day and begin to head out. Walking down the hallways, new ones I haven't walked before. I wonder who is in my history class, I've not been there yet. it's my second day here but I at least have a good idea where the class is this time. Hopefully nobody knocks me over again.

I get to class a bit early, around 10 minutes till it starts. I notice another student is waiting by the door, the same student I saw before yesterday, he must have the same class as me. the male is tall, has long, navy hair and he wears a mask with a zipper over the mouth. He has bandages over his hands and his outfit looks arcane to a military uniform. His eyes are yellow and his face looks quite relaxed, I wonder who he is. 

The bell rings for class and we walk inside and go to our assigned seats the teacher gave us. I'm seated the second row from the back, next to the boy from outside. there is an empty table on my other side, I wonder who sits there. "excuse me, but I do not think we have met before," the navy haired boy says to me, seated with his hat on the desk "no I don't think we have, I've only arrived at this school yesterday," I reply "I see... my name is Korekiyo Shinguji, I'm the Ultimate Anthropologist," so that must be why he was here early, it would seem he'd enjoy history a lot if he is an anthropologist. "Rantaro Amami, ultimate adventurer" his eyes widen a bit "if that's the case you and me would have much in common," he says,  "By any chance, do you have any interest in European history or culture? Have you been there before during one of your travels?" he seems to be enjoying the fact I've been to places he may have studied about. "I have, yes. I usually keep a map in my room of all the places I've been to, but that's at home, unfortunately" "that is a shame," he looks at his desk, "perhaps we can talk more about your travels after class? It seems to have begun" I nod in agreement and turn to face the front of the class. I guess I've made another friend today.

Around 30 minutes have passed of this lesson. Our class is dead silent and all you can hear is the pen running on paper. I look around the classroom and their heads are looking down at their books, writing fluently. I hear a light tapping noise from outside that's seeming to get louder, I look at Shinguji, but it doesn't seem to bother him. it reminds me of the noise that- 

*BANG*  *THUD*

"crap ow"

something outside just hit the door, our teacher gets up and walks to the door and opens it. "this is the 4th time this week, unfortunately, I need to give you a detention," what?? who was that? "but you hit that door quite hard... Amami?" I look up in the surprise call of my name, "can you take him to the nurses office?" I nod and stand up. What just happened? "Korekiyo could you give me my stuff after class? just meet outside here" he nods, then turns his head back at his books.

I walk to the door of the classroom, leaving my books at my desk. "Kokichi?" I say worried... and perhaps a bit too loudly. He's holding his head, that was a hard hit, he must've hurt himself a bit. he looks at me with big, worried eyes, and I give him a comforting smile. I put my hand on his back and walk away from the classroom.