[Chapter 4]

Kokichis POV

well this is stupid... I think to myself as im kicking my feet in the chair, stupid door ... 

I'm in detention for being late to class again, apparently for the 4th time this week. I wouldn't know, I can't count... that was a lie, I knew it was the 4th time this week and it's not *my* fault I stay up late because I was thinking about stuff... was it stuff? Was it just... stuff? hmm..

I don't even know how to set an alarm on my clock, is that even possible? Why are those glowing number boxes so confusing? I should get Taro or someone to help me...

The bell rings for the end of break and im sad that I wasn't with Taro. he always made me happy and accepted when I saw him. I enjoyed every second we were together. It made my heart flutter when he laughed or looked at me with his beautiful green eyes, I had a strange feeling in my stomach when he asked if I was ok. I've never felt that feeling before and I don't know what it was, am I sick? Do people usually feel like that around their friends? Is this what friendship is?

the rest of the day I spent in confusion, I was overthinking how I felt earlier. it was nothing... it had to be. I'm not gay? I don't think I am. I can't be...

it was nighttime. no matter how much I tried to take my mind off of it the question remained. "Do I like Rantaro?" 

I don't know... this is all confusing... I've never felt like this before towards anyone. I look to my clock, and I groan as I roll to face the other direction. back to the door, hugging my pillow. it was 1 am. I don't want to be late for class again tomorrow, I should get some sleep... (fun fact it is 1 am when im writing this paragraph wow I didn't even realise-)

*In the morning*

*knock knock* (i am now writing this in class jkfghefodsjn)

I groan as I sit up from my bed and walk to the door 'who the hell wants to talk to me at 6 am-'

I open my door "what do you w-" my eyes widen out of shock "Rantaro?? what are you doing here?" I'm so confused why does he wanna talk to me at 6 am?

"I just wanted to wake you up so you weren't late for class again." huh? avocado boy smiled softly at me. im tired, but I had a surprised look on my face. after a brief pause, I said "pshh! Avocado doesn't need to look out for me~" I put my hands behind my head "well, I think I might. seeing you run into the door late for class for the 4th time I heard the teacher say... I think I'm going to wake you up from now on" He smirks at me saying that he was right. Why is my heart racing?? "..." I pause and we both look at each other for a moment before he continues, "I'll wait outside for you to get ready." He closes the door behind him and I'm assuming he's standing next to it or something. 

I walk towards my mirror, 'what the...' my face is bright red? huh? I gotta talk to Kirumi about this later, what does this mean?

I finish getting ready and walk out of the door, "jEEZ OH MY GOD RANTARO YOU SCARED ME-" I jumped when I saw him right next to the door, he did wait for me. Huh. Why was I so surprised? he did say he would. 

"Sorry- may we head over to class now?" rantaro asks me

"Let's go Taro~" I said joyfully, walking to class with him.

*time skip bc writing class events is boring*

rantaro was asked to help out the teacher with things after class, this gives me an opportunity to talk to Mum about what im feeling. can she even help?