Prologue

"There it is kids

"There it is kids. The Glowing Crystal of the Moon." The old duck smiled at the large Crystal, which was glowing white. 4 children were following him, his great nephews and honorary niece to be exact. Huey, Dewey, and Louie, triplets, along with Webby. The four 11 year olds gasped at the sight of the Crystal sprouting from the ground, all of its edges and sides perfectly aligned. The duck looked at the children, giving them an explanation. "Once every hundred years, this crystal is lined up with a matching stone somewhere hidden on the moon, to reveal the most wanted treasure in existence: The Moon Ruby."

The children awed as they listened, excitement running through their bones

The children awed as they listened, excitement running through their bones. "Legend has it that it was once a powerful device to help the early people of our world grow, with unlimited power, used for bringing light and good into our world. You could trade with it, to fulfill selfless acts for others.. But, if taken by the wrong hands, and used for selfish things, it could end the world, but no one knows how." Louie, the youngest triplet, put his hands up in defense as the other three children looked at him.

"If it is taken by the wrong hands, we have one chance to save our world, and that would be to return the ruby to its original location, the place we are standing in front of." He moved out of the way and gestured to the glowing crystal in front of them. "The top of the Glowing Crystal of the Moon." "That is so cool!" Webby said, looking up at the tall crystal before her. "There is only one who has the ability to control its power enough to remove it from the tip of the crystal, and that person is (Y/n), the goddess of all things selfless. No one has seen her, or knows what she could possibly look like, for every time she checks the Ruby, she is nothing but a cool breeze."

"So you're telling me she could be in this room right now!?" Webby exclaimed excitedly. "Hi (Y/n) Goddess of all things selfless, I'm Webby!" Scrooge smiled. "She should be here any moment, since this is the only time in 100 years the ruby will be visible to us mortals. Now is the only time we can see or feel the ruby."

"Wait, so you're telling me we don't even get to take the thing with us?" Louie, the youngest triplet, questioned. Scrooge nodded, and Louie through his hands in the air. "Then what's the point of coming all this way!?" The old duck furrowed his brows, pointing to the tip of the crystal with his cane. "The point is to see this once in a lifetime opportunity to admire this gem!" The eldest triplet, Huey, put a hand on his younger brother's shoulder. "It's okay Louie. It'll be like seeing those toys in the toy shop glass when we were younger, but not getting to by them." Louie looked at his brother. "How is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"Forget that, we might meet an all powerful goddess who literally turns to wind and puts others before herself! Isn't that amazing!? All the other ancient gods are mostly selfish!" Webby noted, and Louie groaned. Before anyone else could speak, the sound of someone flicking glass was heard, and everyone turned towards the crystal. It started to glow intensely, more so than it had been earlier. The kids and Scrooge smiled, their mouths agape. Scrooge quickly turned to the kids. "It'll only be visible for 1 minute exactly, so keep your eyes on it and admire it while ya can."

He turned back around, and the five watched intensely as a sphere slowly morphed into existence. The red ruby shone in the moonlight, which was entering through a perfectly circular hole above it, almost like a spotlight above it. The rest of the room was filled with a warm red light, and the family of 5 smiled in awe as they watched the magical rock slowly swirl. That was, until a pair of hands grabbed it from the other side of the crystal and removed it from its resting place.

The family gasped as a woman's evil laugh echoed through the cave, and the taker to walk around the crystal, only to reveal- "Magica De Spell!?!" The family yelled in unison, shock filled their voice as the woman held the ruby close to her chest. "Yes! It is I, Magica De Spell! And I've returned for vengeance!" She laughed again, and Scrooge stood in front of his kids with a protective manner. "How did you find this place, De Spell?"

The woman chuckled evilly, looking the Scottish billionaire dead in the eyes. "You led me here, McDuck. I followed you and your family as you did all of the hard, dirty work." She laughed. "I thought you almost caught me once, when the blue one slipped on the hillside and rolled down to the bottom!" She laughed more, causing Dewey to blush in embarrassment and fold his arms. "It was a steep hill..." Huey put a hand on his brother's shoulder, giving him a sympathetic look.

"Magica, you dinnae have any idea what will happen if you don't put the ruby back before-" "Before what. That 'goddess' you told the children about appears?" She glared. "She has no physical form, she can't do anything about it." Just then, a gust of wind flew through the cave, a clear visible streak of red in the breeze. It circled the crystal, making its way to where the ruby should have been. Scrooge starred in horror as the red streak rested in the ruby's place, and the once bright, beautiful crystal turned a cold, dark grey.

"Run!" Scrooge ushered his family out of the cave as the earth began to shake, the stone walls of the cave crumbling before them. As his family rushed out, he turned back to see the evil woman trying to stop the red streak swirling around her and enter the ruby, causing a wind so rough to pull the ruby out of Magica's hands and forcing it into the air. The shaking intensified, and the family could no longer run due to not being able to keep their balance.

Scrooge pulled them close and protected their heads from any falling rocks, which luckily dodged them. He looked at the stone, which was now floating highly in the air, shaking and twitching, before it vanished into thin air. The shaking stopped, and the family hesitantly made their way to where the ruby once was. There was a single piece of the ruby, the red streak circling above it slowly. Beneath it was a hidden message, where only the light of the piece of the ruby could show.

"Find the pieces, return them to (Y/n), bring her home." Scrooge read aloud, tilting his head. The red streak circled him, then the piece of ruby in a figure 8, before Scrooge picked it up. It continued to circle him now, a warm feeling of calm and safety surging through his body. He looked at the children, who had horrified looks on their faces, and then back at the ruby piece. He tightened his grip on it, then looked up at the moon. "Let's go.."